Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread for OU/NDSU football discussion.....

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 3/20 vs Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    No this is the football team vs an FBS team loaded with NFL talent who was 14-0 thing.

There are teams in the top 25 I think we could match up with in football, heck the K-State game showed that but FSU would pummel K-State.
    And it's necessary to state that they'd pummel us on a basketball thread? Whatever, looking forward to OU

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    And it's necessary to state that they'd pummel us on a basketball thread? Whatever, looking forward to OU
    I didn't start this whole football discussion. I'd much rather play OU in football than FSU.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Here's a question for you since we discussing the Bison v. Sooners...what if we were talking football? How awesome would that be? I wonder if Stoops would be his whiney bitch self and blame the refs again. What an asshat.

But yeah, serious question.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Here's a question for you since we discussing the Bison v. Sooners...what if we were talking football? How awesome would that be? I wonder if Stoops would be his whiney bitch self and blame the refs again. What an asshat.

It'd be cool. Except we'd be in Oklahoma for longer than just the drive through.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    It'd be cool. Except we'd be in Oklahoma for longer than just the drive through.
    Damn..that would be just miserable for everybody.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post

IMO NDSU wouldnt get within 25 points of OU. Especially in light of the ksu game, they wouldnt be overlooked. I dont think it'll ever happen because OU doesnt schedule FBS opponents anymore. Or they haven't in a long time. They need the strength of schedule to keep them in contention for the playoff. If you lose, you really lose. If you win, well thats expected of a fbs opponent. It would be interesting though, considering you are the best fbs team there is. But if OU can put up over 40 on Alabama with all their 5* and NFL talent, what would they do on NDSU?

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    OU beating us by 40+ in football is possible only in the minds of someone who knows little of Bison football. Florida state wouldn't beat us by 40. I'm not sure how good we will be moving forward but this past years team was amazing and just got better and more dominant as the year progressed. It wouldn't shock me to see the 2013 Bison beat OU in football. This coming year maybe not so much...we will see. Our basketball team is good but they havnt shown to have the "it" factor against bigger competition that the Bison football team has had. I think OU wins this basketball game fairly easily but I hope that I am wrong.
    Maybe they wouldnt but it wouldnt surprise me one bit if they did. Look at their season last year. During their 14-0 season the average score was 51-12. An average of a 39 point victory. This included 5 ranked teams and a conference champion. Before playing Auburn the average score vs ranked opponents was 50-8. I think its more than fair to say that NDSU would be a middle of the pack top 25 team, if even that. Hard to say when they dont play power conference teams week in and week out.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    IMO NDSU wouldnt get within 25 points of OU. Especially in light of the ksu game, they wouldnt be overlooked. I dont think it'll ever happen because OU doesnt schedule FBS opponents anymore. Or they haven't in a long time. They need the strength of schedule to keep them in contention for the playoff. If you lose, you really lose. If you win, well thats expected of a fbs opponent. It would be interesting though, considering you are the best fbs team there is. But if OU can put up over 40 on Alabama with all their 5* and NFL talent, what would they do on NDSU?
    This is what FBS team NDSU has played within the last decade or so...It all started when a sportswriter in Minnesota said the Gophers would beat NDSU by 50. They ended up winning by one, thanks to a blocked FG attempt with :00 left on the clock. Say what you want about not being overlooked, but that doesn't matter. NDSU football will tell you what they will do in advance: Play smash mouth football on offense and swarm the opponent on defense. I'm pretty confident in saying a game between the 2013 Bison and 2013 Sooners would have been very close.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    This is what FBS team NDSU has played within the last decade or so...It all started when a sportswriter in Minnesota said the Gophers would beat NDSU by 50. They ended up winning by one, thanks to a blocked FG attempt with :00 left on the clock. Say what you want about not being overlooked, but that doesn't matter. NDSU football will tell you what they will do in advance: Play smash mouth football on offense and swarm the opponent on defense. I'm pretty confident in saying a game between the 2013 Bison and 2013 Sooners would have been very close.
    BINGO...BINGO...BINGO...how many f***ing times can I say....BINGO

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    BINGO...BINGO...BINGO...how many f***ing times can I say....BINGO
    Not enough for anyone from any other team to take it seriously
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.