Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread for OU/NDSU football discussion.....

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 3/20 vs Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    OU beating us by 40+ in football is possible only in the minds of someone who knows little of Bison football. Florida state wouldn't beat us by 40. I'm not sure how good we will be moving forward but this past years team was amazing and just got better and more dominant as the year progressed. It wouldn't shock me to see the 2013 Bison beat OU in football. This coming year maybe not so much...we will see. Our basketball team is good but they havnt shown to have the "it" factor against bigger competition that the Bison football team has had. I think OU wins this basketball game fairly easily but I hope that I am wrong.
    They are not that good

OU beating us by 40+ in football is possible only in the minds of someone who knows little of Bison football. Florida state wouldn't beat us by 40. I'm not sure how good we will be moving forward but this past years team was amazing and just got better and more dominant as the year progressed. It wouldn't shock me to see the 2013 Bison beat OU in football. This coming year maybe not so much...we will see. Our basketball team is good but they havnt shown to have the "it" factor against bigger competition that the Bison football team has had. I think OU wins this basketball game fairly easily but I hope that I am wrong.
    I could see FSU beating us by 40. We've never played a team with anything close to their talent level. K-State was good but FSU is something completely different.

As for the basketball game, Vegas has us at +4 and they aren't in the business of giving money away last time I checked.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I could see FSU beating us by 40. We've never played a team with anything close to their talent level. K-State was good but FSU is something completely different.

As for the basketball game, Vegas has us at +4 and they aren't in the business of giving money away last time I checked.
    Pitt and BC played them closer than 40 and I think we were easily better than either of those teams.

Pitt and BC played them closer than 40 and I think we were easily better than either of those teams.
    What was the line Vegas had for NDSU-Bama? It was said during Gameday but I can't remember what it was. I'm guessing NDSU-FSU would be similar.

I just looked it up and it was Bama -32.5

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What was the line Vegas had for NDSU-Bama? It was said during Gameday but I can't remember what it was. I'm guessing NDSU-FSU would be similar.

I just looked it up and it was Bama -32.5
    It's a free country, they have the right to be wrong

Why would you say that?

It's a free country, they have the right to be wrong
    I wish GT would put it to the test, would love to see NDSU play a school like FSU once in football. Even if we aren't as good as we are this year, I would still go just for the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    Why would you say that?
    We are talking about a team that went 14-0 and won the crystal football. They humiliated Clemson on the road and beat a red hot Auburn team for the title, sure they had a clunker or two but if they play well watch out.

I wouldn't touch a 33 point line.

We are talking about a team that went 14-0 and won the crystal football. They humiliated Clemson on the road and beat a red hot Auburn team for the title, sure they had a clunker or two but if they play well watch out.

I wouldn't touch a 33 point line.
    I don't agree with your 40 points but I agree we wouldn't win. I don't believe last year's team would be humiliated as you suggest. My point is why do you feel the need to make such a statement. Is this a football vs MBB thing? Honest question

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    I don't agree with your 40 points but I agree we wouldn't win. I don't believe last year's team would be humiliated as you suggest. My point is why do you feel the need to make such a statement. Is this a football vs MBB thing? Honest question
    No this is the football team vs an FBS team loaded with NFL talent who was 14-0 thing.

There are teams in the top 25 I think we could match up with in football, heck the K-State game showed that but FSU would pummel K-State.