Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Thread for OU/NDSU football discussion.....

Default Re: Thread for OU/NDSU football discussion.....

My oh my....
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    So in one post, you are beating your chest about OU's accomplishments in softball, baseball, gymnastics and wrestling. In the next post, you state, in reference to OU men's basketball tournament loss to NDSU- "its not anything that has any sort of significance to me".

Come on dude.

OU football may be your passion but obviously you were attracted to this board due to an upcoming basketball tourney game between NDSU and OU. To say now, after the OU's loss, that you have no interest in the basketball program, runs contrary to your actions and challenges believability.

A football game between NDSU and OU would be a blast! Why not take the high road and talk about a game and leave the smack talk for a more appropriate time? Your current actions just look like you are a sore loser.
    Well, firstly the only reason I mentioned statehood smack talk and any sport other than basketball or football, at all, was in response to these posts:

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    good thing Bison fans are beginning to see the light on these meth heads. one of the most pointless states in the union.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    The other thing Fargo produces are sports teams that beat up on bigger badder programs...such as your paperclips
    So I responded with evidence that OU in fact is significantly more than just football, produces great teams in other sports in spite of the fact that they are not popular sports, even with most Oklahomans in general. So I have beaten no chest, I simply posted facts to rebut that poster's comments. It's really nothing more than that.

I never said or intimated I dont care about basketball, rather that OU losing doesn't really bother me. It's not like they're a basketball powerhouse so my expectations are tempered. So while it sucks after it happens, it's nothing I dwell on, unlike say football where I may need a couple days of consolation, massages with happy endings, a few blunts, and, of course, three 19 year old virgins. Say OU lost to NDSU in football, I would have much more cognitive dissonance about that, and it would bother me. So if that's a sore loser to you, cool. I guess I cant express to you how far off that is to my actual state of mind. If you want to see some sore losers, go browse melt down threads of teams whose teams lost (like wichita state fans who really thought they were the best team in the land). No, sore loser would be if OU lost to NDSU on the football field, I would be very openly a sore loser there. But I dont like when they lose any game really. It would be a fun game to watch though OU would have much more on the line.

Speaking of actions and believabilty- what actions or words or things lead you to believe I had a big heart for basketball and would be a huge problem if they lost? Just curious, if you really think i should be feeling down, what of my actions have lead you to believe this about me? If you look carefully you'll notice that virtually all of my 'smack talk' was in direct response to a post made to me. It's not like OU lost and i just started posting a bunch of chest beating shit about OU without any sort of provocation or segue. On the contrary, I posted on the basketball thread that NDSU played better and wanted it more and deserved the win.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to compare but OU performing well in other sports such as softball etc. isn't really beating bigger badder programs. You are simply performing at your level. When I'm speaking of beating bigger badder programs I'm thinking of NDSU beating teams from BCS conferences in football, or our women's softball taking down the #9 Sooners in the 2009 NCAA tourney, or our little summit league champs in mens BBall taking down the Sooners in men's basketball in a recent game we all remember well And, like I said before this thread was sent over here, it wouldn't have shocked me if this past years football team had beaten the Sooners. I think we were good enough that such a feat was possible.
    Well, that's because in those sports OU is one of the 'bigger badder programs' for the most part. And again, only mentioned in reference to a comment made by a poster saying OU athletics are't anything to write home about (or something like that). It seemed to me his opinion was that the only thing OU does well is football, and that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    He even successfully trolled the trolls. Or did the trolls troll everyone by bringing in this troll?

Personally, I'm glad this thread started because it prevented the 6th Fan discussion from going over 3000 posts...

I admit to some small level of intentional trolling but was mostly in jest, and only because some of you take this stuff so seriously and It's just too to play on that. But, it's the internet so you really can't expect any less, can you? but a complete troll? No. I could turn into that, and it would be pretty clear and evident, but that's not really my style. you have to mix in the trolling only slightly with the rest of the banter. I gather that sarcasm doesnt go over too well on this board, at least by some of you posters who really assume that I mean to its literal meaning everything I say. I can live with that. it's just the internet guise.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bison > Sooners...

If you want to prove me wrong, send a conference invite to our AD.

Then you can prove it all year long.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Typing a sentence that provokes a 3 paragraph rebuttal makes me feel powerful....I'm BAAAAD

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Well, firstly the only reason I mentioned statehood smack talk and any sport other than basketball or football, at all, was in response to these posts:

So I responded with evidence that OU in fact is significantly more than just football, produces great teams in other sports in spite of the fact that they are not popular sports, even with most Oklahomans in general. So I have beaten no chest, I simply posted facts to rebut that poster's comments. It's really nothing more than that.

I never said or intimated I dont care about basketball, rather that OU losing doesn't really bother me. It's not like they're a basketball powerhouse so my expectations are tempered. So while it sucks after it happens, it's nothing I dwell on, unlike say football where I may need a couple days of consolation, massages with happy endings, a few blunts, and, of course, three 19 year old virgins. Say OU lost to NDSU in football, I would have much more cognitive dissonance about that, and it would bother me. So if that's a sore loser to you, cool. I guess I cant express to you how far off that is to my actual state of mind. If you want to see some sore losers, go browse melt down threads of teams whose teams lost (like wichita state fans who really thought they were the best team in the land). No, sore loser would be if OU lost to NDSU on the football field, I would be very openly a sore loser there. But I dont like when they lose any game really. It would be a fun game to watch though OU would have much more on the line.

Speaking of actions and believabilty- what actions or words or things lead you to believe I had a big heart for basketball and would be a huge problem if they lost? Just curious, if you really think i should be feeling down, what of my actions have lead you to believe this about me? If you look carefully you'll notice that virtually all of my 'smack talk' was in direct response to a post made to me. It's not like OU lost and i just started posting a bunch of chest beating shit about OU without any sort of provocation or segue. On the contrary, I posted on the basketball thread that NDSU played better and wanted it more and deserved the win.

Well, that's because in those sports OU is one of the 'bigger badder programs' for the most part. And again, only mentioned in reference to a comment made by a poster saying OU athletics are't anything to write home about (or something like that). It seemed to me his opinion was that the only thing OU does well is football, and that's not the case.

I admit to some small level of intentional trolling but was mostly in jest, and only because some of you take this stuff so seriously and It's just too to play on that. But, it's the internet so you really can't expect any less, can you? but a complete troll? No. I could turn into that, and it would be pretty clear and evident, but that's not really my style. you have to mix in the trolling only slightly with the rest of the banter. I gather that sarcasm doesnt go over too well on this board, at least by some of you posters who really assume that I mean to its literal meaning everything I say. I can live with that. it's just the internet guise.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

I think it's time to take this thread in and have it put to sleep...
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Agreed .
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.