Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: True Seed List

Default Re: True Seed List

They seed based on the entire year not the last month

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    "We All From Africa"

Looks like Cal Poly and Mt. St. Marys kept Weber from playing on Tuesday or Wednesday. Remember this list when some BSC moron talks about the strength of the Fluffy vs the Summit. There's really nothing else to say because the numbers are overwhelming and they come from an unbiased source.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    They seed based on the entire year not the last month

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Preseason #3, all five losses were to ranked teams by an average of just 6 points, top 20 scoring offense and defense, between 3rd and 5th in the final human polls. The only reason the committee put them as low as they did is because the RPI didn't like them and the committee incorrectly relies on the RPI in their process. The RPI is a shitty way to compare teams. The average telephone as an order of magnitude more computing power on board than the machines the RPI was invented to run on. It needs to be retired.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Preseason #3, all five losses were to ranked teams by an average of just 6 points, top 20 scoring offense and defense, between 3rd and 5th in the final human polls. The only reason the committee put them as low as they did is because the RPI didn't like them and the committee incorrectly relies on the RPI in their process. The RPI is a shitty way to compare teams. The average telephone as an order of magnitude more computing power on board than the machines the RPI was invented to run on. It needs to be retired.
    Yet it was sited by many people as the reason the Bison should get a 12 seed. Any objective analysis is usually praised or criticized based on how it supports your objective argument.

This is what I found when I looked at RPI. Louisville was 19th. The 1-2-3 seeds were all top 12 in RPI except for Syracuse (16...still higher than Louisville). Kansas was #3 and Creighton was #10. Someone mentioned Louisville should be ahead of them.

All 1-2-3 seeds had SOS in the top 32 except Syracuse (63) and Wichita State (98). Louisville was 80. Kansas was #1 and Creighton was #10. This was probably the biggest impact of their RPI.

New Mexico (12 RPI 42 SOS) - 7 seed, VCU (13 RPI 27 SOS) - 5 seed, and Kentucky (17 RPI 3 SOS) - 8 seed could argue they should have been seeded higher than Louisville.

The AAC ended up 8th in conference RPI which isn't bad, but their former brothers in the Big East finished 4th. If you look at this objectively through this data, Louisville ended up where they should. That doesn't mean they can't run the table and win the tournament.

It's OK to disagree if you are using different criteria than the committee used. But their criteria is the one that matters. Unfortunately Louisville's updated conference had a down year. They are still a top 4 seed and will get to play close to home in the regional assuming they make it.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Yet it was sited by many people as the reason the Bison should get a 12 seed. Any objective analysis is usually praised or criticized based on how it supports your objective argument.

This is what I found when I looked at RPI. Louisville was 19th. The 1-2-3 seeds were all top 12 in RPI except for Syracuse (16...still higher than Louisville). Kansas was #3 and Creighton was #10. Someone mentioned Louisville should be ahead of them.

All 1-2-3 seeds had SOS in the top 32 except Syracuse (63) and Wichita State (98). Louisville was 80. Kansas was #1 and Creighton was #10. This was probably the biggest impact of their RPI.

New Mexico (12 RPI 42 SOS) - 7 seed, VCU (13 RPI 27 SOS) - 5 seed, and Kentucky (17 RPI 3 SOS) - 8 seed could argue they should have been seeded higher than Louisville.

The AAC ended up 8th in conference RPI which isn't bad, but their former brothers in the Big East finished 4th. If you look at this objectively through this data, Louisville ended up where they should. That doesn't mean they can't run the table and win the tournament.

It's OK to disagree if you are using different criteria than the committee used. But their criteria is the one that matters. Unfortunately Louisville's updated conference had a down year. They are still a top 4 seed and will get to play close to home in the regional assuming they make it.
    I'm using different criteria than the committee. I agree that the only criteria that matter are the committee's. I'm saying that the committee is using the wrong criteria. The RPI should be retired. We have better metrics now.

I have no ties to Louisville. I only care about them to the extent that I've got them surviving and advancing on a live bracket in this or that office pool. They're just a handy example of the RPI not being an effective measure of team quality.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I checked the Lunardi brackets randomly and Louisville was seeded anywhere from 3 to 5 over the past month. The final CBS bracketology had them at #4. We also don't know if they were originally a 3 but swapped with a 4 for geography, bracket rule reasons.

Hansel is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I checked the Lunardi brackets randomly and Louisville was seeded anywhere from 3 to 5 over the past month. The final CBS bracketology had them at #4. We also don't know if they were originally a 3 but swapped with a 4 for geography, bracket rule reasons.
    I have read that they didn't swap any seeds due to geography this year (first time in a while they have done this).

They're using the same shitty criteria the committee does because their job is to predict what the committee will do.