Page 11 of 107 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/20 vs Oklahoma

Default Re: 3/20 vs Oklahoma

One stat I found interresting. Oklahoma's tallest players are 6'8". W 2 guys at 6'8" and 3 that are 6'7" including Braun. We won't be getting worked down low against a 7 footer or a guy that will dominate the paint. I think Bjorkland and Aaberg will be able to exploit that. If we can get the low post scoring going, it will open up some open shots outside. I think we match up well. IF we can defend the 3 like we did in Fargo against Denver, we have a great shot of winning. Let's do it boys!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    One stat I found interresting. Oklahoma's tallest players are 6'8". W 2 guys at 6'8" and 3 that are 6'7" including Braun. We won't be getting worked down low against a 7 footer or a guy that will dominate the paint. I think Bjorkland and Aaberg will be able to exploit that. If we can get the low post scoring going, it will open up some open shots outside. I think we match up well. IF we can defend the 3 like we did in Fargo against Denver, we have a great shot of winning. Let's do it boys!!
    They also start 3 guys that are 6'4" and under. Either Braun or Tray is going to have a smaller guy on him. I'm sure they're athletes so it's no like they won't be able to play bigger than that but both Braun and Tray are freakish athletes too and they're 6'7" each.

Their big scorers are #24 Hield, who's 6'4", at 16.8 ppg and #21 Clark, who's 6'7", at 15.3 ppg. Kory Brown locks up #24 and Tray makes life difficult for #21. If any team has a mismatch advantage it'll be the Bison IMO.

Hope we can jump on them early, a big Tray dunk would be ideal. Really though we need to be ready to defend like crazy, we can score on Oklahoma no doubt, the big question will be is can we slow them down enough. I think we can.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    They also start 3 guys that are 6'4" and under. Either Braun or Tray is going to have a smaller guy on him. I'm sure they're athletes so it's no like they won't be able to play bigger than that but both Braun and Tray are freakish athletes too and they're 6'7" each.

I think that we will own the paint. That will be a key factor, get the ball to the hoop inside. As soon as they start collapsing in on us if we can put up the long ball and get them to drop we will have a game of it. Brown and LA need to bring the D!!! IMHO
    I picked us in my brackets and not as a homer either.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBohl View Post
    Hope we can jump on them early, a big Tray dunk would be ideal. Really though we need to be ready to defend like crazy, we can score on Oklahoma no doubt, the big question will be is can we slow them down enough. I think we can.
    I was talking to my boss about this, and one thing I've noticed when the boys have a great game, Tray hits a 3 somewhere in the first 3-5 possessions. If he hits his first 3 out of the box or gets a big slam, OU better look out. Hoping they can win the crowd over to their side quickly and turn this into the FGC team of '14
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Their big scorers are #24 Hield, who's 6'4", at 16.8 ppg and #21 Clark, who's 6'7", at 15.3 ppg. Kory Brown locks up #24 and Tray makes life difficult for #21. If any team has a mismatch advantage it'll be the Bison IMO.
    Tray could struggle with Clark hard to say and I actually expect Braun to guard him. LA may be guarding Hield or Kory will I am sure we'll swap the matchups.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    "We All From Africa"

Saul is on KFGO for an hour tonight for Bison feedback. Starting at 6:07.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    Tray could struggle with Clark hard to say and I actually expect Braun to guard him. LA may be guarding Hield or Kory will I am sure we'll swap the matchups.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Good thing with this team is thet can switch on all screens.

Lots of really good pub for the program and NDSU today, Saul is just the man for the job too. Does a great job pimping everything NDSU and the community, and damnit he does pretty good job coaching as well, were lucky to have him.

Congrats again to all the players and coaches, been a damn fun ride!

That would be a herculean defensive effort against a team as proficient offensively as Oklahoma. I think the Bison need to score 80 to win this game.
    Watch their last game against texas. They can go really cold really fast. Ndsu will not race them in a track meet. This should go way under 150