Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Jacobson

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Sarah Jacobson

She's probably the best player in the state as a sophomore and will go down as one of the best to ever play in ND, if not the best. So the question begs do we have a chance to get her? I realize her mother and brother have ties to NDSU.

Default Re: Sarah Jacobson

A better chance than before, with a new coach next season.

533 In a row

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There is a lot of young talent in ND besides Jacobson. Minot Ryan, Maple Valley and Fargo Davies are just a couple of others schools that have young talent. Hope the new coach starts getting the ND recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    She's probably the best player in the state as a sophomore and will go down as one of the best to ever play in ND, if not the best. So the question begs do we have a chance to get her? I realize her mother and brother have ties to NDSU.
    Who's Sarah's mom. My mother asked me today, and I couldn't remember off the top of my head.

I hope these kids are playing club ball.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

PERSONAL: Majoring in pharmacy ... Born August 2, 1994 ... Son of David and Pat Jacobson ... Has one younger sister, Sarah ... Mother, Pat (Smykowski) Jacobson, played basketball at NDSU from 1985-89 and was inducted into the NDSU Hall of Fame in 2004 ... She was NDSU's all-time leading scorer from 1989-97 and now ranks second all-time ... Pat played in four NCAA Tournaments and was the 1989 North Central Conference Player of the Year.

http://gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5362&path=mbball

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    PERSONAL: Majoring in pharmacy ... Born August 2, 1994 ... Son of David and Pat Jacobson ... Has one younger sister, Sarah ... Mother, Pat (Smykowski) Jacobson, played basketball at NDSU from 1985-89 and was inducted into the NDSU Hall of Fame in 2004 ... She was NDSU's all-time leading scorer from 1989-97 and now ranks second all-time ... Pat played in four NCAA Tournaments and was the 1989 North Central Conference Player of the Year.

http://gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5362&path=mbball
    Thanks. Knew she was a NDSU WBB legend, but couldn't remember which one(there are so many - notpurple).

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    There is a lot of young talent in ND besides Jacobson. Minot Ryan, Maple Valley and Fargo Davies are just a couple of others schools that have young talent. Hope the new coach starts getting the ND recruits.
    Why do you want ND recruits?
    You only need to look up north. The new coach cleaned house on a bunch from ND.
    Now he has a winning team and will probably go to the NCAA tourney.
    The majority of players from ND are not D1 caliber.
    Do you want to win, or do you want ND players? It's highly unlikely that you can have both!

Maddie Buck is UND BEST PLAYER. From Bismarck Century
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Elephants Dream? View Post
    Why do you want ND recruits?
    You only need to look up north. The new coach cleaned house on a bunch from ND.
    Now he has a winning team and will probably go to the NCAA tourney.
    The majority of players from ND are not D1 caliber.
    Do you want to win, or do you want ND players? It's highly unlikely that you can have both!
    Two of UND's starters are from ND. Mandy Buck from Bismarck ND is the Big Sky Player of the Year. And yes, UND will probably be going to the NCAA's with ND players. UND is winning with ND players, yes you can have both.