Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "IPFW hurt by absurd voting process"

Default Re: "IPFW hurt by absurd voting process"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    Hey yo el chapo who u got this weekend canelo or el purro
    El purro for da mo fo win fire up a boxing section we go man o man el slicko
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

My favorite part:
    With all due respect to Phillips, his program has better facilities,more funding and is the most prominent one in its recruiting area, whereas IPFW plays in one of the least appealing facilities (in the eyes of recruits)in the country, and is one of the least funded programs at the NCAA Division I level, forget about just in terms of the Summit League.

Someone needs to go chain themselves tothe wrecking equipment
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

IPFW's facilities area a bit worse I guess but they are in one of the most fertile basketball recruiting areas in the country. IPFW could be a very solid program if they invested more into their facilities and program.

I do think IPFW's coach was worthy but it is hard to not recognize what Saul has done. Getting picked to win the league and actually doing it are two different things and NDSU won the league somewhat comfortably as well.

if i had a say i would pick IPFWs coach. Finishing 2nd after being in 5th last year and losing a very good player in Frank Gaines is impressive. You can make arguments for both coaches

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I agree with him on the voting process. I always wondered why considered the media to be experts on these things, especially in a conference like this where they only get to see a player once.
    Agreed - same thing with the baseball HOF votes. I just don't get why they are the ones who get to determine who wins awards. If a guy doesn't take an interview or answers a question other than expected, a media person could blackball them and not vote for them at all. Let the coaches decide who are on these lists or maybe even the players themselves. Being nominated by your peers is the best recognition you can receive.

As for the article, he made one of my biggest pet peeves - making a criticism without giving a solution. I get you want Bland in, but who are you going to take off the list in order to get Bland on the list and more importantly why is Bland more deserving than anyone on the list? The stats he threw up are very selective.

If you want your guy to win an award, go vote for him! Don't just not vote to make a point.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    IPFW's facilities area a bit worse I guess but they are in one of the most fertile basketball recruiting areas in the country. IPFW could be a very solid program if they invested more into their facilities and program.

I do think IPFW's coach was worthy but it is hard to not recognize what Saul has done. Getting picked to win the league and actually doing it are two different things and NDSU won the league somewhat comfortably as well.

Saul also has this team on the bubble line, with a near top 40 RPI and a top 5 MidMajor Ranking. A case could be made for both for sure, but to cry like spilled milk over it, is pretty laughable...

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I like his passion. These are the kind of fans we need in the Summit League.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    I like his passion. These are the kind of fans we need in the Summit League.
    Not a fan, hes a media member. Hes just trashing the rest of the guys in the league because his guys didn't get awards. Bland not being on an all conf team is kinda a head scratcher, but its all about people guys talk about and he really wasn't one of those guys.

Today the same guy was whining about SI.com having NDSU in their bracketology prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Today the same guy was whining about SI.com having NDSU in their bracketology prediction.
    I hope we thrash them worse than Denver tonight. Just so he complains about running up the score tomorrow.