Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a world class chant ????

Default Need a world class chant ????

Just watching a sport news video today that listed the top 5 college sports chants (even though the top one wasn't even a chant at all, some DIII school where 1 game a year in basketball the place is stone quiet until the home team scores its 10th point and the place then goes crazy beyond belief, the game is called silent night i think). Anyway, in my brief history compared to many around here, I am unaware of any real chanting that we do outside of what I would call one liners/one word kind of things. We have a world class team intro at the football games, that really does send chills down a persons spine. And I would assume that if we ever had a all time great chant or time honored tradition (outside of winning a ton of games and championships) at a game it would still be going on and I would have seen it. So my question is, have we ever had one that was worthy of being great in a top 10 kind of way. I realize these kind of things usually just happen and usually are put into place by no more than a handful of people at most and maybe evolve a little over time usually happening without any thought of it becoming something. So do we need one, has the school ever tried to make one through a contest or any other way. My favorite on to date, the silent night one at the DIII school gets high props, but right now and after watching it at the World Cup games the "I believe that we will win" chant is the most exhilirating and gets me jumping up and down screaming. Not that I have ever had any trouble losing my voice at a football game so far.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Default Re: Need a world class chant ????

I know a famous man that started the "LETS GO BISON" chant in the 2006 Metrodome.

Here's a New one that he told me.

4 sections of the Fargodome ( West, North, East, South) chants N D S U

itll be EPIC
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I'm not much for chants. I usually yell "fuck you ref!" until the soccer mom a few rows in front of me gives me the evil glare. But I prefer the Let's Go Bison chant Lakes invented

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I know a famous man that started the "LETS GO BISON" chant in the 2006 Metrodome.

itll be EPIC

I love good stories.......did El patron help you out with that infamous chant?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Run the damn ball!
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Run the damn ball!
    Has a nice ring to it!

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

itll be EPIC
    this is actually good

You're welcome NDSU Athletics. Use it, Credit El Chapo
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

itll be EPIC
    I've heard this story. I chanted that as a kid in the 80's when you were too young to hoe beets.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Just watching a sport news video today that listed the top 5 college sports chants (even though the top one wasn't even a chant at all, some DIII school where 1 game a year in basketball the place is stone quiet until the home team scores its 10th point and the place then goes crazy beyond belief, the game is called silent night i think). Anyway, in my brief history compared to many around here, I am unaware of any real chanting that we do outside of what I would call one liners/one word kind of things. We have a world class team intro at the football games, that really does send chills down a persons spine. And I would assume that if we ever had a all time great chant or time honored tradition (outside of winning a ton of games and championships) at a game it would still be going on and I would have seen it. So my question is, have we ever had one that was worthy of being great in a top 10 kind of way. I realize these kind of things usually just happen and usually are put into place by no more than a handful of people at most and maybe evolve a little over time usually happening without any thought of it becoming something. So do we need one, has the school ever tried to make one through a contest or any other way. My favorite on to date, the silent night one at the DIII school gets high props, but right now and after watching it at the World Cup games the "I believe that we will win" chant is the most exhilirating and gets me jumping up and down screaming. Not that I have ever had any trouble losing my voice at a football game so far.

The school is Taylor University in Upland, Indiana. Google it. It is wild! There will probably be a guy at my tailgate who has been there for it.