Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Football season tickets

Default Re: 2014 Football season tickets

Loudsilverado is a jackass it's just really that simple I really don't understand why he is allowed to post here and lakes isnt

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Not saying I couldnt afford it in one shot. But to take care of EVERYthing that comes due at this time of year without having to dip in to our cushion money I do a simple thing called money management. Its a simple concept that even you could understand. Why you decided to try and make a derogatory point out of what I donate(of which you really dont know) is beyond me.
    You mean you aren't going to brag about how much you donate? I know nothing of money management, I don't have to.

"Didn't I show you things you've never done before..."
    https://youtu.be/t3JJb9cjGOk

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Loudsilverado is a jackass it's just really that simple I really don't understand why he is allowed to post here and lakes isnt
    He just uses your log in anyways so what difference does it make?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What he's saying is if you don't have 6 months salary sitting in your savings account (and thus available to buy $2k worth of season tickets with a donation), you shouldn't be spending your money here. That's an admirable strategy and one that would be great for everyone to strive to achieve. If everyone did that however, I bet the FFD would not sell out. Raise your hand if you are fortunate enough to be in that financial situation. Congrats to everyone that is. Most of the families I know aren't that fortunate. This is also different than the person who puts themselves deeper and deeper into debt each month. When you live mostly paycheck to paycheck, you are driven by payments and do it especially if there are no interest payments.

Quote Originally Posted by loudsilverado View Post
    You mean you aren't going to brag about how much you donate? I know nothing of money management, I don't have to.
    With you telling everone how wealthy you are I will leave that to you.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    What he's saying is if you don't have 6 months salary sitting in your savings account (and thus available to buy $2k worth of season tickets with a donation), you shouldn't be spending your money here. That's an admirable strategy and one that would be great for everyone to strive to achieve. If everyone did that however, I bet the FFD would not sell out. Raise your hand if you are fortunate enough to be in that financial situation. Congrats to everyone that is. Most of the families I know aren't that fortunate. This is also different than the person who puts themselves deeper and deeper into debt each month. When you live mostly paycheck to paycheck, you are driven by payments and do it especially if there are no interest payments.
    Hand raised. Only because I was extremely tight during the early years. There are times when I follow the advice given by the pundits. There are times when I don't (like the example I gave above). When I graduated from NDSU, I didn't have a pot to piss in and had the loan debt to boot. But I made it a point to get my finances in order with retirement as my end game. I am proud to say that both of my kids (late 20s) also have responsible and working plans.

When the football tickets get to a certain threshold (includes expenses for hotel, meal, and mileage), I will let them go. Until then, I am enjoying the ride and the people I meet at the tailgate and the games as well as through BV.

Summary (supporting your inferred point): Don't spend more than you have and if you do, don't expect others to bail your tail out.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Two of you actually got what I was getting at all along....well, I have to do a little trolling here and there too you know, otherwise BV would be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by loudsilverado View Post
    Two of you actually got what I was getting at all along....well, I have to do a little trolling here and there too you know, otherwise BV would be boring.
    You mean its boring for you so you have to troll so you arent bored correct?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You mean its boring for you so you have to troll so you arent bored correct?
    Sometimes, maybe. It is also funny for someone to infer I was born with a silver spoon, don't work for a living, or have oil money. Maybe I do, maybe I don't.

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot