Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rpi now vs 2009

Default Re: Rpi now vs 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    If the 08-09 team played the same schedule as this year's team, I would like to think that the records would be the same if not better. I think the 08-09 team finds a way to beat Southern Miss, and sure as hell doesn't lose to und. The 08-09 team had a record of 26-7, simliar to this year. 2 bad losses with S. Utah and Idaho. The other losses were Minnesota, a triple OT loss to SFA, USC, Oakland, and Kansas. It's an interresting debate. Hard to do though. It's like comparing 2011-13 football to teams in the 80's. Both were great.
    This years team may or may not be more athletic but I think that first tourney team was way more skilled...its tough to say LA could hold his own with woody and moorman could do the same with swedish meatball bjorkland...winks vs bruan id take winks all day every day...tweet vs tray push come to shove id take tweet I think...conference test wise tho I think oakland and oru them years would mop the floor with denver or sdsu...maybe not ipf dubb tho that teams good

The 08-09 team had no bench.

I realize this team doesn't have a great bench but it is at least serviceable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    If the 08-09 team played the same schedule as this year's team, I would like to think that the records would be the same if not better. I think the 08-09 team finds a way to beat Southern Miss, and sure as hell doesn't lose to und. The 08-09 team had a record of 26-7, simliar to this year. 2 bad losses with S. Utah and Idaho. The other losses were Minnesota, a triple OT loss to SFA, USC, Oakland, and Kansas. It's an interresting debate. Hard to do though. It's like comparing 2011-13 football to teams in the 80's. Both were great.
    I don't know, that SOS and numbers is telling. 0-3 vs 3-3 against top 100 oponents? It suggests that the 08-09 team didn't really have a good win (at least top 100 anyways). Those losses against SOuthern Utah and Idaho were far worse than the UND loss this year.

Lol ya unbisons boy k brown would murder freddy c and jv tru dat student

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Could just put the regular season champ in the championship game next year and play a 8 team tourney amongst the rest
    team is capable of getting a win as a 13 seed too. just need right matchup

It's a good breakdown.

LA vs Woodside = Woodside you would have to think
    Nelson vs Brown would be an awesome matchup to watch. Relentless offense vs relentless defense
    Braun is the type of athlete that gave Winkleman fits. Winkleman struggled against high major teams for whatever reason, with the exception of KU.
    Moorman vs Bkorklund. Bjorklund has high major skill, and Moorman has D3 skill. Bjorklund would abuse him terrible.
    Tveidt vs Wright would be tough. I think they are 2 similiar players, Wright is more athletic and Tviedt is more skilled.

I think matching up and if they teams played I would take this years team in a heartbeat. The way they play defense vs the way 08-09 played defense (didn't) would be a glaring difference IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    This years team may or may not be more athletic but I think that first tourney team was way more skilled...its tough to say LA could hold his own with woody and moorman could do the same with swedish meatball bjorkland...winks vs bruan id take winks all day every day...tweet vs tray push come to shove id take tweet I think...conference test wise tho I think oakland and oru them years would mop the floor with denver or sdsu...maybe not ipf dubb tho that teams good
    hate the comparisons. both were bison. but this years team is more athletic and versatile. hence why i think they fare a better chance of winning in the dance. although 09 was a 14 seed and thats always a tough matchup. id prolly take braun over winks. but id take tveidt over tray

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    It's not close it's 43 spots different if we were talking 10 or 15 spots. Blah blah blah but we are talking 43 spots
    RPI, SOS, ranking, top 100, 43 spots...All nonsense. We can directly compare these two teams in a few weeks. Only two things matter for this comparison and they haven't happened yet. 1.) If Saul's team doesn't make it to the dance this year, then Mile's (coached by Saul) 08-09 team is THE MAN for every team to be compared to for the foreseeable future. You can fill in the blank: the _(year)__ team is __(adjective)__ but nothing compared to 08-09!

2.) If we DO go to the dance and get destroyed like SDSU did last year, then the 08-09 team trumps again for hanging with the defending national champions in round one. 13-14 has a lot to prove in these two most important comparisons. Let's see if Saul and company could really hang with the team that already took their chance to disproved the nonsense RPI, 43 spots, and SOS talk. As soon as NDSU stepped onto the floor with Kansas we belonged and I'm sure Bill self didn't look at an RPI or SOS before playing Woody's team. It was game film. 08-09 had game enough to play with his squad. He figured that out within the first 3 minutes of that game. Does this team have that? It remains to be seen that is for sure. Pipebomb!

Not sure comparing RPI/SOS is really an apple/apple comparison, as it mean that the entire D1 field would have to be the same for both seasons. For example, are the top 100 this season as good as the top 100 in Woody & crew compared season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxTheMighty View Post
    RPI, SOS, ranking, top 100, 43 spots...All nonsense. We can directly compare these two teams in a few weeks. Only two things matter for this comparison and they haven't happened yet. 1.) If Saul's team doesn't make it to the dance this year, then Mile's (coached by Saul) 08-09 team is THE MAN for every team to be compared to for the foreseeable future. You can fill in the blank: the _(year)__ team is __(adjective)__ but nothing compared to 08-09!

2.) If we DO go to the dance and get destroyed like SDSU did last year, then the 08-09 team trumps again for hanging with the defending national champions in round one. 13-14 has a lot to prove in these two most important comparisons. Let's see if Saul and company could really hang with the team that already took their chance to disproved the nonsense RPI, 43 spots, and SOS talk. As soon as NDSU stepped onto the floor with Kansas we belonged and I'm sure Bill self didn't look at an RPI or SOS before playing Woody's team. It was game film. 08-09 had game enough to play with his squad. He figured that out within the first 3 minutes of that game. Does this team have that? It remains to be seen that is for sure. Pipebomb!
    3) If NDSU does make it to the tourney, and stays competitive in their opening game even if for a loss, all this debate will finally be ended and this will be the best team ever at NDSU, considering they made it just as far as the 08-09 team, was just as competitive in the tournament, and did it with a much stronger schedule and better wins.