Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
If the 08-09 team played the same schedule as this year's team, I would like to think that the records would be the same if not better. I think the 08-09 team finds a way to beat Southern Miss, and sure as hell doesn't lose to und. The 08-09 team had a record of 26-7, simliar to this year. 2 bad losses with S. Utah and Idaho. The other losses were Minnesota, a triple OT loss to SFA, USC, Oakland, and Kansas. It's an interresting debate. Hard to do though. It's like comparing 2011-13 football to teams in the 80's. Both were great.
This years team may or may not be more athletic but I think that first tourney team was way more skilled...its tough to say LA could hold his own with woody and moorman could do the same with swedish meatball bjorkland...winks vs bruan id take winks all day every day...tweet vs tray push come to shove id take tweet I think...conference test wise tho I think oakland and oru them years would mop the floor with denver or sdsu...maybe not ipf dubb tho that teams good