Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rpi now vs 2009

Default Rpi now vs 2009

Would love to hear people's arguments about how much better the 2009 team was then our current team.... Here are the facts our current rpi is 43 end of the season 2009 our rpi was 86..... 2014 team is my favorite to watch of the 2 hands down! And now I know why

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Rpi now vs 2009

Not to take anything away from this year's team, but this is not necessarily a fair comparison to make between the two teams. You have to play the teams on the schedule and if I remember correctly the 09 team had nobody big on their schedule. Now it would be interesting to compare these two teams, but it's going to be tough as they are such different teams and RPI can't be the only stat you use.

Has NDSU ever had a senior class like the football and basketball classes during the same year?? My guess is no, but I can't go back as far as some of the rest of you.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Would love to hear people's arguments about how much better the 2009 team was then our current team.... Here are the facts our current rpi is 43 end of the season 2009 our rpi was 86..... 2014 team is my favorite to watch of the 2 hands down! And now I know why
    If we have the ball with 10 seconds to go and need a bucket, ill take the 2009 team of sharpshooters. But if you need a stop, its the 2014 any day of the week. Overall, ill take the 2014 team which has greater potential vs a high major. The 2009 team just had some bad matchups in the 4 and 5. Bjork, Aaberg, Kading and TVon set the 2014 team apart with length and ability. Greater balance 8-9 deep in 2014 with a defensive stopper in Brown, and Braun who is capable of carrying the team, like Woody. Better sharp shooter with Nelly than Felt. Its awful close cause Winks was a stud.

It's not close it's 43 spots different if we were talking 10 or 15 spots. Blah blah blah but we are talking 43 spots

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    It's not close it's 43 spots different if we were talking 10 or 15 spots. Blah blah blah but we are talking 43 spots
    Our league in 2014 gives us the ability to be 43 spots higher, you need to understand that also. The Summit is ranked 14th in the Sagarin, with the Horizon at13 and the MVC at 12. What was our conf in 2009? Probably about 25 or 26. It would have taken 27-1 to have the same rpi with a conference ranked 26th. This ranking in 2014 has a lot to do with our conf being better.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Our league in 2014 gives us the ability to be 43 spots higher, you need to understand that also. The Summit is ranked 14th in the Sagarin, with the Horizon at13 and the MVC at 12. What was our conf in 2009? Probably about 25 or 26. It would have taken 27-1 to have the same rpi with a conference ranked 26th. This ranking in 2014 has a lot to do with our conf being better.

agree with the premise but I don't think the conference was that low...

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

I don't like to compliment this team because whenever high praise happens we seem to lose. But I like the current team based on Bjorkland who is a weapon in the middle and Braun. Actually I liked the team with Dre the best

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The Summit was the 21st ranked conference in 2008-2009 for rpi. This is apples to oranges, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    The Summit was the 21st ranked conference in 2008-2009 for rpi. This is apples to oranges, imo.
    Its apples to apples it's rpi and it's done by numbers not opinion
    Was watching the gopher debacle and the big ten announcers said the Ohio St win over ndsu was a quality out of conference victory for the buckeyes 2014 best year for bison basketball to date rpi 43 nuff said!

Idk id take them oakland n oru teams over that trash we played on saturday easy...ipf dubbs legit tho from what I seen not sure about the others