Page 91 of 169 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

So, here is the rub; we all know Bohl went to Wyo as a hop to the P5. Is this enough? Will he be out of there after this year? If I am Bohl, I leave as soon as I get a decent offer from a P5 even if Purdue.....

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, here is the rub; we all know Bohl went to Wyo as a hop to the P5. Is this enough? Will he be out of there after this year? If I am Bohl, I leave as soon as I get a decent offer from a P5 even if Purdue.....

Water is Wet.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

They said the same thing about Joe Glenn. 2 years later and 2 bad seasons later he was fired. Not saying Bohl will have 2 more bad years but he needs to sustain his success and I think he's a better coach than Glenn.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    They said the same thing about Joe Glenn. 2 years later and 2 bad seasons later he was fired. Not saying Bohl will have 2 more bad years but he needs to sustain his success and I think he's a better coach than Glenn.
    The question is will he be out of there after this year? Are you saying no?

The question is will he be out of there after this year? Are you saying no?
    I doubt it. Has to be a good fit for both Bohl and the team. They also have to be a team that's willing to wait at least 2-3 years to build a program that wants to play that style of ball. Honestly I'm not that sold on the Mountain West as a whole. It's clearly a down year

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Is Purdue still looking for a HC? Bohl's not a young guy, if he wants to use Wyo as a stepping stone his own age puts that plan on a tight timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Is Purdue still looking for a HC? Bohl's not a young guy, if he wants to use Wyo as a stepping stone his own age puts that plan on a tight timeline.
    Yep, it is still open. And yes, he needs to get out of there quickly which is part of why I am asking if folks think he'll get a P5 offer after this year. Seriously, if he wins the MWC and whatever hot garbage bowl game they give him, what the hell else does he have to prove?

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yep, it is still open. And yes, he needs to get out of there quickly which is part of why I am asking if folks think he'll get a P5 offer after this year. Seriously, if he wins the MWC and whatever hot garbage bowl game they give him, what the hell else does he have to prove?
    I think it would take a signature win in a bowl. I don't know what the chances of getting a good opponent are for a 2 loss MW team. Probably not great.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post

In Bohl's defense, I nearly do the same thing every time the Denver Broncos do something good.
    Hail the BISON!!!

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Might be time to admit he's a pretty good coach, and not the tradition. Happy for his success. Also watching that game in the 3rd quarter, the feeling existed that they were going to win. Just like when he was here.