Page 88 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    SDSU and WIU both beat us in TOP, but that isn't what I was getting at. We gave the ball back to both sooner than we needed to in 4th quarter and have done so a few other times this year with other teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last 2 games, yes. But his overall body of work no. Hope it's not a trend

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Last 2 games, yes. But his overall body of work no. Hope it's not a trend
    Gabe: You brought up TOP, I brought up running play/game clock down at critical points in game. There is a big difference. Not bitching at you, just don't want what I brought up to be misplaced.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Boise State up next for Wyoming - a preview article from Boise

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports...110503377.html
    I'm glad you found the article from yesterday on Coach Bohl and the upcoming game this Saturday between BSU and Wyoming. He has done quite well in the three years that he has been there. Should be a good game. there are forecasting 40-60 MPH gusts. That will no doubt affect the air game. If any of you that may have been to Laramie, it is the highest stadium in the country. Close to 7000 ft.

I think this game and NDSU play about the same time this Saturday. This one is on at 6:00pm CDT.

So my two favorite teams play at the same time.

GO BISON and GO BRONCOS!

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As compared to now? It's not even close really. CP will give up a down just to get the "right matchup" on next play. IOW, he tries to limit a D substitution to get to his next "mismatched" play. The problem is the result if the "mismatched" play doesn't work-->3rd and long. Watch for it and you'll get what I am saying. It then comes down to calling the exactly correct play on 3rd. Good luck on the overall chances/#s of that. Even Baudit should understand the basics on this.

I was wondering a few times why we'd sub heavily one play and nothing the next - that makes sense now.

Only follow-up question I have is, if you have the right mismatched group in already, why not run the mismatched play the first time instead of the second play?

[QUOTE=ACECON;1166293]I'm glad you found the article from yesterday on Coach Bohl and the upcoming game this Saturday between BSU and Wyoming. He has done quite well in the three years that he has been there. Should be a good game. there are forecasting 40-60 MPH gusts. That will no doubt affect the air game. If any of you that may have been to Laramie, it is the highest stadium in the country. Close to 7000 ft.

I think this game and NDSU play about the same time this Saturday. This one is on at 6:00pm CDT.

You lost me at "he has done quite well in the three years that he has been there." I am open to your opinion, feel free to better explain your reasoning. Thank you.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    I was wondering a few times why we'd sub heavily one play and nothing the next - that makes sense now.

Only follow-up question I have is, if you have the right mismatched group in already, why not run the mismatched play the first time instead of the second play?
    We sometimes do if we have the "right look" (as CP likes to say), but most often we will either flip the TE(s) and or motion a WR to see what D scheme is or will be if we line up a certain way/have a specific "player grouping". Similarly (and I hate it), we use the first couple of drives to check out how they are gonna defend certain "O looks/packages". It's CP style/way of doing things--but would not be mine and isn't what a lot (most??) teams do. Sure it adds to the complexity of our O, but sometimes you gotta just let players make plays.

It reminds me of an interview my HS coach gave after we (little Mahnomen) bitch-slapped Thief River Falls my sr year. Mahnomen ran a belly-series offense for years and every opponent knew it. When asked if he ever worried about the other coaches/players knowing our scheme or what play he was gonna run, he said, "No, I just make damn sure my team knows how to run the play/scheme". KISS isn't a bad "word" IMO.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

We sometimes do if we have the "right look" (as CP likes to say), but most often we will either flip the TE(s) and or motion a WR to see what D scheme is or will be if we line up a certain way/have a specific "player grouping". Similarly (and I hate it), we use the first couple of drives to check out how they are gonna defend certain "O looks/packages". It's CP style/way of doing things--but would not be mine and isn't what a lot (most??) teams do. Sure it adds to the complexity of our O, but sometimes you gotta just let players make plays.

It reminds me of an interview my HS coach gave after we (little Mahnomen) bitch-slapped Thief River Falls my sr year. Mahnomen ran a belly-series offense for years and every opponent knew it. When asked if he ever worried about the other coaches/players knowing our scheme or what play he was gonna run, he said, "No, I just make damn sure my team knows how to run the play/scheme". KISS isn't a bad "word" IMO.
    Question, who is CP? Or is it the conglomeration of Polasek and Klieman? Chris Polasek?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Question, who is CP? Or is it the conglomeration of Polasek and Klieman? Chris Polasek?
    Coach Polasek.
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Coach Polasek.
    Touche. That makes sense.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Coach Polasek.
    Makes sense because calling him TP might get people mixed up with the toilet paper acronym.
    Hail the BISON!!!