Page 85 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Which could have also meant Klieman was gone too, since the rumor was he agreed to leave with Bohl at one point. Could have derailed the perfect season in 2013 and left the cupboard bare.

Would have been a lot to handle for the team which still had to win their semi final game.

Should have been more protections in place and hopefully ndsu learned their lesson. As would assume we'd be knee deep in playoffs when coach will leave for FBS job. Some might be good about it and others will attempt what Bohl did.
    Yeah, a lot of lessons learned there. I have to imagine when the next coach is hired from the Bison program, it will also be in during the playoffs as that will add to the attractiveness for the next potential employer. The perfect scenario would be to keep everything under wraps until after the playoffs, but in this world it is too difficult to keep secrets when more than one person is involved. It is the football world we live in now similar circumstances could happen again. I think the buyout is much more painful with Coach K's contract than it was with Bohl's. I would have to go back and look it up again, but it seems they made it a little more difficult. I am also sure there is some language in contracts dealing with this specific scenario with tangible penalties.

I hope Bohl does have success in Wyoming. I didn't like the way it ended here but it isn't like I want to see the guy fail. I am glad it worked out Coach K is our guy now, but they both can be successful. That does nothing but shed more positive light on the Bison program.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Yeah, a lot of lessons learned there. I have to imagine when the next coach is hired from the Bison program, it will also be in during the playoffs as that will add to the attractiveness for the next potential employer. The perfect scenario would be to keep everything under wraps until after the playoffs, but in this world it is too difficult to keep secrets when more than one person is involved. It is the football world we live in now similar circumstances could happen again. I think the buyout is much more painful with Coach K's contract than it was with Bohl's. I would have to go back and look it up again, but it seems they made it a little more difficult. I am also sure there is some language in contracts dealing with this specific scenario with tangible penalties.

I hope Bohl does have success in Wyoming. I didn't like the way it ended here but it isn't like I want to see the guy fail. I am glad it worked out Coach K is our guy now, but they both can be successful. That does nothing but shed more positive light on the Bison program.

I think that buyout progressively gets less painful if I remember right? Or am I thinking of the if its g5 FBS is less than p5 FBS?

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Bohl left on very bad terms based on some underhanded actions on his part. If left to him the cupboard would have been emptied.

Btw....remember coach K was out the door with bohl. At the end of the day it's a business I think some forget that. BTW I say this as a Bohl and CK fan!
    Heck, Bohl would have taken the cupboard with if he could have. Lost all respect for him due to the way he operated when he left.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    So this is hindsight is NDSU fault. If an banker, lawyer or accountant quits to go to another firm, they are done that say. Why? They will take clients. No different in this case. Bohl should have been done when he took the new job in retrospect
    In retrospect, he should have left for sure, but gene would have had to insist enough staff to finish the run. Not really sure what the right answer was.

I have no qualms with Bohl. Worked out for NDSU. Water under the bridge.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I watched that game and they look pretty darn good. I think they may have finally turned the corner. I'm cautiously optimistic.
    It seems the Mountain West is a bit on the downside this year. Boise on top and everyone else kind of bunched together with a couple of losses.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    So this is hindsight is NDSU fault. If an banker, lawyer or accountant quits to go to another firm, they are done that say. Why? They will take clients. No different in this case. Bohl should have been done when he took the new job in retrospect
    We won the national championship with him that year, plus the two years after. I don't get how people can argue it should have been handled a different way given the incredible results . If you did it differently, you may lose the national championship, and the exact same people on this board would be talking about how Bohl ruined our program, and would view him as a traitor.

Bohl and the cowboys have a big game at Nevada Saturday. With a win, it sets up a huge showdown with Boise in Laramie on 10/29.

Brian Hill scores a td, Wyoming up 14-3 over Nevada 2nd Qtr
    ESPN2
    Western Illinois party just emptied out for us, don't know if I can stay awake long enough to see the end of this game.
    Gotta save some football energy for Wentzylvania versus Minnesota tomorrow.

Love watching Wyoming offense tonight. Online is getting amazing push. Brian Hill hits the hole like a rocket. You got great blocking down the field. Like everyone is blocking someone. They run the football out of the I and kill them on the play action. People bite on it so bad it's funny

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com