Page 84 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Pat that is not all that matters. No one disputes what he achieved, but you cant discount how he left either. One day he will be in the HOF
    I didnt like that the players had to find out through social media. But after listening to GT tell the story of why I dont have a lot of heart ache about that scenario. I think it was his behavior--interactions (from what I heard) with the staff after wards and the recruiting shenanigans that gave me a bad taste.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    What was the state of Bison football when Bohl took over?
    Without listing the laundry list of accomplishments you just have to ask yourself one thing----Did he leave NDSU and the football program in a better place than when he first arrived? The fact is YES.

Agree with this!

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Did he really leave on bad terms? Or is that media and bisonville driven?

Really I ask in Kolpack's book he summed it up or someone summed it up the biggest mistake Bohl made was not telling the team on the Saturday evening. He wanted to wait til Sunday. Bohl was not a social media person, so he thought it would stay quiet, not knowing how the social media worked.

As such, people found out though social media, not through the university. From there it all spread.

Yes it was contentious between those staying and those leaving, but lets hope for the best for him. Success for him only leads to success for others to move up the ranks.

Miles, Philips leave in basketball we are happy for them, I don't get the heartburn over bohl.

And his team is getting better. They are still young, but it is just like watching the bison on ESPNU late night when you watch wyoming.

I haven't seen/heard any firm facts/proof and not saying it didn't exist, think most agreed to just move on. NDSU turned out all good from the ordeal if not fantastic. If they'd taking a steep drop these last couple of years then there probably would have been a lot more on it. I think Klieman got batted around a bit trying to decide whether to stay or go. Bohl was not too happy because he'd preferred to have Klieman come too. Just the competitive nature in them that they want to win everything, and this was one he lost. In the end I think everyone got enough to keep all sides happy.

Recruiting thing probably nearly pushed it over the edge... Again all I know is some thing about files not being as full or existing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    WYO beats undefeated Air Force 35-26. WYO now 4-2.
    I watched that game and they look pretty darn good. I think they may have finally turned the corner. I'm cautiously optimistic.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I keep hearing about these recruiting shenanigans. What exactly happened with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Quote Originally Posted by BFKasper14 View Post
    I keep hearing about these recruiting shenanigans. What exactly happened with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rumors of recruiting paper work disappearing. Targeted a bunch of players we were targeting... Basically offered every single player we had offers to that wasn't a verbal.
    The state of flux we were in killed the chance of landing them. We would have looked pretty darn good with Brian Hill, right? Corners... Same deal. Although Bohl did respect the contract provision about recruiting verbals, lots of other crap happened. Kind of a dick move. Klieman and Goeser did an amazing job that year
    Last edited by HerdBot; 10-11-2016 at 03:18 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Rumors of recruiting paper work disappearing. Targeted a bunch of players we were targeting... Basically offered every single player we had offers to that wasn't a verbal.
    The state of flux we were in killed the chance of landing them. We would have looked pretty darn good with Brian Hill, right? Corners... Same deal. Although Bohl did respect the contract provision about recruiting verbals, lots of other crap happened. Kind of a dick move. Klieman and Goeser did an amazing job that year
    Craig Bohl stopped being NDSU's coach the minute the thought of accepting that offer happened.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Craig Bohl stopped being NDSU's coach the minute the thought of accepting that offer happened.
    So this is hindsight is NDSU fault. If an banker, lawyer or accountant quits to go to another firm, they are done that say. Why? They will take clients. No different in this case. Bohl should have been done when he took the new job in retrospect

CRAIG BOHL IS THE REASON WHERE NDSU IS AT. SORRY! BUT ITS THE TRUTH.

BOHL got M WILL, TURNER, EMANUEL, WENTZ etc etc here... that makes him a LEGEND>
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    So this is hindsight is NDSU fault. If an banker, lawyer or accountant quits to go to another firm, they are done that say. Why? They will take clients. No different in this case. Bohl should have been done when he took the new job in retrospect

Which could have also meant Klieman was gone too, since the rumor was he agreed to leave with Bohl at one point. Could have derailed the perfect season in 2013 and left the cupboard bare.

Would have been a lot to handle for the team which still had to win their semi final game.

Should have been more protections in place and hopefully ndsu learned their lesson. As would assume we'd be knee deep in playoffs when coach will leave for FBS job. Some might be good about it and others will attempt what Bohl did.