Page 83 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

It's good to see coach Bohl and staff beginning to turn things around. You can see the improvement this year and next year or the year after they'll be battling for a conference championship.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    It's good to see coach Bohl and staff beginning to turn things around. You can see the improvement this year and next year or the year after they'll be battling for a conference championship.
    Agreed, lots of hate on here for Bohl. He won 3 national championships here and left a pretty full cupboard on the way out. Ya, it got ugly for a few weeks. However, without Bohl, we wouldn't have Coach K and we wouldn't be on the hunt for the six pack. I hope Bohl goes undefeated next year and plays in a NY bowl game and then eventually retires a hero at WYO.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Agreed, lots of hate on here for Bohl. He won 3 national championships here and left a pretty full cupboard on the way out. Ya, it got ugly for a few weeks. However, without Bohl, we wouldn't have Coach K and we wouldn't be on the hunt for the six pack. I hope Bohl goes undefeated next year and plays in a NY bowl game.
    Well Bohl did want to take both Coach K's with him. Glad that didn't happen. Now that things have shaken out, other than recruiting battles I wish the former staff all the success in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Well Bohl did want to take both Coach K's with him. Glad that didn't happen. Now that things have shaken out, other than recruiting battles I wish the former staff all the success in the world.
    Bohl left on very bad terms based on some underhanded actions on his part. If left to him the cupboard would have been emptied.

Btw....remember coach K was out the door with bohl. At the end of the day it's a business I think some forget that. BTW I say this as a Bohl and CK fan!
    Last edited by MAKBison; 10-11-2016 at 01:51 AM.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Bohl.left on very bad terms based on some underhanded actions on his part. If left to him the cupboard would have been emptied.

Btw....remember coach K was out the door with bohl. At the end of the day it's a business
    Did he really leave on bad terms? Or is that media and bisonville driven?

Really I ask in Kolpack's book he summed it up or someone summed it up the biggest mistake Bohl made was not telling the team on the Saturday evening. He wanted to wait til Sunday. Bohl was not a social media person, so he thought it would stay quiet, not knowing how the social media worked.

As such, people found out though social media, not through the university. From there it all spread.

Yes it was contentious between those staying and those leaving, but lets hope for the best for him. Success for him only leads to success for others to move up the ranks.

Miles, Philips leave in basketball we are happy for them, I don't get the heartburn over bohl.

And his team is getting better. They are still young, but it is just like watching the bison on ESPNU late night when you watch wyoming.

What was the state of Bison football when Bohl took over?
    Without listing the laundry list of accomplishments you just have to ask yourself one thing----Did he leave NDSU and the football program in a better place than when he first arrived? The fact is YES.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Without listing the laundry list of accomplishments you just have to ask yourself one thing----Did he leave NDSU and the football program in a better place than when he first arrived? The fact is YES.
    I still don't like him

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Pat that is not all that matters. No one disputes what he achieved, but you cant discount how he left either. One day he will be in the HOF

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Did he really leave on bad terms? Or is that media and bisonville driven?

Really I ask in Kolpack's book he summed it up or someone summed it up the biggest mistake Bohl made was not telling the team on the Saturday evening. He wanted to wait til Sunday. Bohl was not a social media person, so he thought it would stay quiet, not knowing how the social media worked.

As such, people found out though social media, not through the university. From there it all spread.

Yes it was contentious between those staying and those leaving, but lets hope for the best for him. Success for him only leads to success for others to move up the ranks.

Miles, Philips leave in basketball we are happy for them, I don't get the heartburn over bohl.

And his team is getting better. They are still young, but it is just like watching the bison on ESPNU late night when you watch wyoming.
    Go back and look through the thread.....sure some where butthurt how he left, but its the recruiting shenanigans that piss most off. Yeah, I think we have heard it form enough in the know to believe it. BTW you should ask Jeff about the losing season and what was going on beyond the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I still don't like him
    I understand. I always looked at him as slick. But he was always great with the former players. Regardless of what some may think Bohl had a strong attachment to NDSU. I saw him in a back hallway after he made his last talk at a Teammaker function. He was standing by himself leaning with his back to the wall, his head was down and tears streaming down his face. He tried to regain his composure but couldnt do it. He just looked at us, tried to talk, couldnt and shook his head. I said its ok coach, I understand.

Next time I saw him was at the players walk through in Frisco. At the end he calls all of the former players in and gives a nice talk. After he was done he had the assistants talk as well because they were all leaving. Shit got emotional. At the end everyone was milling around with the former players talking with the current players. As I was walking around I caught coach Bohl looking at me. He was about 10 yards away. I stopped and looked at him. He smiles and gave me a nod like he remembered our in counter in that back hallway.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."