Page 6 of 169 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I gotta admit, this is pretty dam cool of him.

Bohl, in his first season in Laramie, could accomplish little without the strength of 24 battle-tested Cowboys at his back.

“Those seniors have gone through an awful lot. They came here, and it’s a whole new coaching staff," Bohl said. "When younger players come in, they’re going to look up to the older guys. Their example, and being able to lead in a meaningful way, is important.”

In time, that sacrifice will be rewarded. Even if Wyoming doesn't take the Mountain West Conference by storm in 2014, Bohl has promised this inaugural group of seniors that when the Cowboys win a title -- whenever that may be -- these 24 leaders will also receive championship rings.

Any skyscraper, after all, could never have reached such dizzying heights without a solid foundation.

“That's so big. It means a lot to us," Claiborne said of Bohl's promise. "It makes us want to play for him. It makes it easy to play for a coach when you know he has your back.

"I like playing for Coach Bohl. I really like Coach Bohl a lot.”

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyomi...c8de15832.html
    NCAA violation for promising gifts to players? /sort of purple

Another one, this one tragic.

Wyomings Ethan Woods mom/dad was killed in an airplane crash over the weekend,

Re: Pray For Ethan
    by jarhead » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:21 pm

Just so everyone knows what kind of coach we have now, Coach Bohl personally drove him home to be with his family. My heart aches for this young man. I hope his teammates and his friends rally around him and help support him through this terrible time.
    Or we could focus on this instead of making jokes
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I know I must have screwed up if El Chapo is chastising me for going off topic.

I gotta admit, this is pretty dam cool of him.

Bohl, in his first season in Laramie, could accomplish little without the strength of 24 battle-tested Cowboys at his back.

“Those seniors have gone through an awful lot. They came here, and it’s a whole new coaching staff," Bohl said. "When younger players come in, they’re going to look up to the older guys. Their example, and being able to lead in a meaningful way, is important.”

In time, that sacrifice will be rewarded. Even if Wyoming doesn't take the Mountain West Conference by storm in 2014, Bohl has promised this inaugural group of seniors that when the Cowboys win a title -- whenever that may be -- these 24 leaders will also receive championship rings.

Any skyscraper, after all, could never have reached such dizzying heights without a solid foundation.

“That's so big. It means a lot to us," Claiborne said of Bohl's promise. "It makes us want to play for him. It makes it easy to play for a coach when you know he has your back.

"I like playing for Coach Bohl. I really like Coach Bohl a lot.”

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyomi...c8de15832.html
    But will he tell them when he accepts another job or will he let them read about it on the web? Since that day I no longer fall for his Bullshit or the shit eating grin.

It's all an act and a great bullshit story

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Or we could focus on this instead of making jokes
    I understand where you are at here, Sam.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

My first post wasn't a joke it was actually me wondering if the long arm of the NCAA would take exception to Bohl's plan of giving gifts to his players.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    My first post wasn't a joke it was actually me wondering if the long arm of the NCAA would take exception to Bohl's plan of giving gifts to his players.
    You could argue that it would be impossible for that to be a violation. They're seniors. They have one year of eligibility left. If they get rings this year, it will because they earned them. If they get them after that, they won't have any eligibility left so it wouldn't be a violation.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Nothing the matter with your post.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    But will he tell them when he accepts another job or will he let them read about it on the web? Since that day I no longer fall for his Bullshit or the shit eating grin.

It's all an act and a great bullshit story
    I still maintain that he was going to the next morning. He's only guilty of being naive about it not getting out in my book. If he would've said it after the game, people would've bitched about that. While his exit could've been better, I'm rooting for him. That article and the ESPN article are pretty damn cool. Plus he took the program to unimaginable heights.

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by onbison09 View Post
    I still maintain that he was going to the next morning. He's only guilty of being naive about it not getting out in my book. If he would've said it after the game, people would've bitched about that. While his exit could've been better, I'm rooting for him. That article and the ESPN article are pretty damn cool. Plus he took the program to unimaginable heights.
    ^^ This. Obviously the news didn't break how he wanted it to and I don't really blame him for how it all went down. Basically I view it as the story leaked, people (fans/media) freaked out, and he went into "oh shit" mode. Yeah, his grin and media pandering was cheesy at times but he got the job done when he was here. I wish him nothing but the best at WY.
    I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1