Page 58 of 169 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bohl News

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    He gets canned from Wyo his career is over, he has success at all I think he stays and finishes there. not a spring chicken anymore to start over again
    I agree with the first part. He'll make 3.67 million minimum at Wyo. Enough coin to call it a career vs head back to FCS. But if he has enough success at Wyo he'll get a big boy offer and he'll take it, IMO.

He's 56. Get a P5 offer at 60. Fired or successful by 65. If successful, ride it out till 70.

Bill Snyder will turn 76 this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    I agree with the first part. He'll make 3.67 million minimum at Wyo. Enough coin to call it a career vs head back to FCS. But if he has enough success at Wyo he'll get a big boy offer and he'll take it, IMO.

He's 56. Get a P5 offer at 60. Fired or successful by 65. If successful, ride it out till 70.

Bill Snyder will turn 76 this year.
    Bohl isn't bill snyder, but we will see

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    He gets canned from Wyo his career is over, he has success at all I think he stays and finishes there. not a spring chicken anymore to start over again
    I do think Wyoming is his last chance at a legacy type ending to his career. Sure he will be welcome back to NDSU and we will all cheer as he is introduced with the president at games, but a true legacy where he has an office in a building somewhere with a made up job after retirement. I don't know if that is important to him. If it was, he had that going for him at NDSU. Coach for a few more years, take over as AD, and be the king of Fargo for the rest of his life. If he has success at Wyoming, his next contract would not be shabby to keep him there and he eventually retires as THE Cowboy. If his goal is to cash in on as much as he can, he will still have time for one more gig with a P5 program but he will give up a legacy ending. There aren't a whole lot of coaches who end their careers that way and some of that will be up to him depending on his success. I can see him going that way of staying if it were to line up like that. If he doesn't succeed, his retirement is well taken care of and I could see him doing analysis for television in FCS or G5 level football games. He has built up relationships and is well liked in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I do think Wyoming is his last chance at a legacy type ending to his career. Sure he will be welcome back to NDSU and we will all cheer as he is introduced with the president at games, but a true legacy where he has an office in a building somewhere with a made up job after retirement. I don't know if that is important to him. If it was, he had that going for him at NDSU. Coach for a few more years, take over as AD, and be the king of Fargo for the rest of his life. If he has success at Wyoming, his next contract would not be shabby to keep him there and he eventually retires as THE Cowboy. If his goal is to cash in on as much as he can, he will still have time for one more gig with a P5 program but he will give up a legacy ending. There aren't a whole lot of coaches who end their careers that way and some of that will be up to him depending on his success. I can see him going that way of staying if it were to line up like that. If he doesn't succeed, his retirement is well taken care of and I could see him doing analysis for television in FCS or G5 level football games. He has built up relationships and is well liked in the media.
    The thing is being THE cowboy really is not much better than being THE bison. To me, I can't possibly see a reason he makes the jump if after a "legacy" ending. He is after a P5 job. This is his last chance and he knows it. As tjbison said, he may very well be done if it does not work out as his only options would be FCS HC or FBS coordinator.

Remember that look he had on his face at the end of the K St. game. I knew that was it. He had gotten that taste of the big time again, and he liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    The thing is being THE cowboy really is not much better than being THE bison. To me, I can't possibly see a reason he makes the jump if after a "legacy" ending. He is after a P5 job. This is his last chance and he knows it. As tjbison said, he may very well be done if it does not work out as his only options would be FCS HC or FBS coordinator.

Remember that look he had on his face at the end of the K St. game. I knew that was it. He had gotten that taste of the big time again, and he liked it.
    I believe he is in it for the P5 job. No one builds a legacy anymore unless you are Bill Snyder because no one else wants him. I was just pointing out there is that one chance he is looking at being THE cowboy and his career arc is perfectly timed for that chain of events, as well. I believe that would take a couple Mountain West championships and perennial contention. If he does half of that with this program, he will be sought after by more money and a larger program. We have seen what he has done with that in the past, so it will be interesting to see how his career goes. He has always hinted he would love to retire someday to Wyoming, but it was thought to be for the outdoor life, not coaching football.

If you care at all about your "legacy" you don't burn bridges on the way out of town. It will come down to the zero's on the contract and there is nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    If you care at all about your "legacy" you don't burn bridges on the way out of town. It will come down to the zero's on the contract and there is nothing wrong with that.
    He still get into games free, he just lost the statue.

Wyoming picked to finish 5th (of 6 - two 6 team divisions) in Mountain Division of MWC (ahead of New Mexico).

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Updates on the Cowboys in preparation for the season.

I think they will struggle for the most part again. They were competitive in a few games in conference. The depth may be a tiny bit better, but dont think they will start seeing results til 2016.