Page 57 of 169 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bohl News

I think most people gave Bohl 3-4 years to turn it around. Very young team this year and I will go with them winning 5 games in 2015.

Bohl screwed up. He left a year too early. If he would have stayed at NDSU he could have had 4 NC's in a row and then he also would have been a legitimate contender for a lot of the major conference jobs that opened, including his beloved Nebraska. Oh well, thanks for getting greedy Bohl. It worked out nicely for us.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Bohl screwed up. He left a year too early. If he would have stayed at NDSU he could have had 4 NC's in a row and then he also would have been a legitimate contender for a lot of the major conference jobs that opened, including his beloved Nebraska. Oh well, thanks for getting greedy Bohl. It worked out nicely for us.
    So if a new employer would come to you and say " We will increase your pay 5 times what you are currently making" you would say no, I think a better job will open up next year instead of your crappy program? I highly doubt it. A bird in the hand is worth 6 in the bush. Take it when you can get it and not look back. No guarantee any of those jobs open up of Bohl would even get them.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

He wasn't getting major consideration for the big jobs.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    So if a new employer would come to you and say " We will increase your pay 5 times what you are currently making" you would say no, I think a better job will open up next year instead of your crappy program? I highly doubt it. A bird in the hand is worth 6 in the bush. Take it when you can get it and not look back. No guarantee any of those jobs open up of Bohl would even get them.
    Yeah, especially at his age you need to take the money when you can get it. Succeed and he can get a job making the huge bucks, fail and he can quietly retire with a nice little nest egg or go back to FCS where schools would line up to hire him. Why not give it a shot?

There in no guarantee he would have led the Bison to a fourth championship either.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    There in no guarantee he would have led the Bison to a fourth championship either.
    I get that, but I stand by my comment. I think he would have gotten consideration for the open jobs if he would have stayed and if he would have won a fourth championship. I'm not complaining, it worked out for us. Just my thought.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

I get that, but I stand by my comment. I think he would have gotten consideration for the open jobs if he would have stayed and if he would have won a fourth championship. I'm not complaining, it worked out for us. Just my thought.
    I agree. A fourth championship would have added a lot to the Bohl intrigue. I don't know if he moves all the way up to P5 conference school consideration. His move might have been the best he could ask for either last year or this year. He landed in the best G5 conference and if he makes noise there he will be very attractive at a P5 school. There haven't been too many coaches who have made the jump from FCS to a P5 school. Jim Harbaugh and Jim Tressel are the only ones I can think of making the jump from FCS head coaching to a P5 school head coaching job. Everybody else has gone through either a G5 school or coordinator positions along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I agree. A fourth championship would have added a lot to the Bohl intrigue. I don't know if he moves all the way up to P5 conference school consideration. His move might have been the best he could ask for either last year or this year. He landed in the best G5 conference and if he makes noise there he will be very attractive at a P5 school. There haven't been too many coaches who have made the jump from FCS to a P5 school. Jim Harbaugh and Jim Tressel are the only ones I can think of making the jump from FCS head coaching to a P5 school head coaching job. Everybody else has gone through either a G5 school or coordinator positions along the way.
    I've gone back and thought a lot about the whole sequence in events, and I still can't disagree with the decision Bohl made for exactly the reasons you mentioned and the other age factors mentioned above and that it was Mountain West. Plus, he picked a school where his system could work even if traditionally a dumpster fire. This is his shot; he knows it. He gets them competing for MW title and/or wins a significant bowl game in the next 3 years, he's probably punched his ticket. If not, he retires a wealthy man or returns to FCS for another good paying job.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I've gone back and thought a lot about the whole sequence in events, and I still can't disagree with the decision Bohl made for exactly the reasons you mentioned and the other age factors mentioned above and that it was Mountain West. Plus, he picked a school where his system could work even if traditionally a dumpster fire. This is his shot; he knows it. He gets them competing for MW title and/or wins a significant bowl game in the next 3 years, he's probably punched his ticket. If not, he retires a wealthy man or returns to FCS for another good paying job.
    He gets canned from Wyo his career is over, he has success at all I think he stays and finishes there. not a spring chicken anymore to start over again
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant