Page 56 of 169 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    *http://wyomingcowboysblog.com/2015/0...west-football/

It appears that Coach Bohl's honeymoon is nearing it's end at Wyoming. From the blog: "The Sporting News does an “overrated” and “underrated” segement as part of its conference previews, and for the MW is listed UW coach Craig Bohl as overrated. “Craig Bohl had done great things at North Dakota State, with three straight FCS titles. That success didn’t translate to Laramie, where the Cowboys went 4-8 after a 3-1 start — not what fans expected when he was hired.”

*I didn't check if this had already been posted
    Much ignorance coming from that hack. What did he expect in just one year? Especially after the top 2 QBs flew the coop and not having the players for his system..
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

So this is a random post that is hypothetical and may lead to thread drift, but what does it say if Bohl doesn't do well at Wyoming? (Note: I'm cheering for him to do well wherever he goes) In my mind it just cements NDSU's tradition of winning (and yes, some fortunate things like geography, resources). I'm *not* saying it means Bohl is a bad coach. It could very well just mean that Wyoming is a damn near impossible situation to win at. Am I way off here?

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by onbison09 View Post
    So this is a random post that is hypothetical and may lead to thread drift, but what does it say if Bohl doesn't do well at Wyoming? (Note: I'm cheering for him to do well wherever he goes) In my mind it just cements NDSU's tradition of winning (and yes, some fortunate things like geography, resources). I'm *not* saying it means Bohl is a bad coach. It could very well just mean that Wyoming is a damn near impossible situation to win at. Am I way off here?
    It will just cement the notion that Wyoming is where coaching careers go to die. But he deserves at least 4 years.
    Last edited by Bison"FANatic"; 07-17-2015 at 02:49 AM.

yep, several posts back I think I said the same thing
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Ive said this before but i do not think they will be patient. They think by getting Bohl and almost all his staff, they bought a winning season kit. You open the box and take out a bowl game. Bohl might be a good coach but he also has to change their culture and thats not easy.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

You can take the Bohl out of Fargo...
    But it won't put the Bowl in Laramie.

Heck all you have to do now is go 6-6 and you will probably make a bowl game. They even added more games this year didn't they? Their "culture" will celebrate the hell out of a 6-6 season and the crappiest bowel game available.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Much ignorance coming from that hack. What did he expect in just one year? Especially after the top 2 QBs flew the coop and not having the players for his system..
    This is the problem at a majority of places that never seem to have a winning program. They never give a coach long enough to fully implement their system and players. A coaching change needs a minimum of 3 years (5 would be even better) IMO to have a legitimate evaluation of progress.

I think they will only lose patience with him if they don't improve. The best teams in UW history were 7-8 win teams. Bohl has a chance to improve to 7 wins in his second year. Let's say they improve enough to overcome the gap on the three conference games they lost by 10 points or less last year. That puts them at or near 7 wins. I don't see where he is on the hotseat for improving.

Discussions about him being overrated is ludicrous. You don't take over a program, institute major overhauls with players leaving and staff changes, and expect to win immediately out of the chute. Plus I can't think they are in a position to buy him out. While I don't like the circus he created by the way he left NDSU, he was going to leave and I hope he does well because it speaks well for our program and opens the door for Coach K in the future for larger profile positions. At least it opens the door for the program that they have the resources in place for a higher level if that opportunity should arise.

Yeah, to suggest that Bohl is overrated or not up to par is clearly the opinion of someone who doesn't know Wyoming's program very well. They're annually the least talented team in the MW. Bohl has given them hope by landing 2-3 solid recruits in the last class, but he's facing a tough task that won't see results for 3-5 years.

Last year's game between BSU and the Pokes in Laramie was a joke. It was like watching a 6 year old play the old EA Sports NCAA Football games on rookie difficulty. Wyoming had nothing. It was Varsity vs. JV. By the end of that game, I was telling me dad, "Wyoming fans better sit down and get comfortable...it's gonna be awhile before Bohl fixes this ship".

I don't know if anyone can succeed at a high level at Wyoming, but I'll say this: if Craig Bohl can't get it done, the Pokes are a lost cause.