Page 5 of 169 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

I like Wyoming's addition of Craig Bohl, but he's undoubtedly facing an uphill battle. Their current roster is poor and Wyoming is easily the hardest school to recruit to in the MW, and one of the hardest at the FBS level overall. Cowboy fans will have to patient with him, and definitely keep their heads out of the clouds when comparing Bohl's accomplishments at NDSU to what he'll do at Wyoming. I also hope Bohl is ready for the culture shock....at least from a football stand point. This isn't NDSU....I've been to games at Wyoming that had less than 6K fans in the stands.

Wishing him the best, but Wyoming is a damned tough job. He's not coaching the top dog anymore. He's taken over the Indiana State of the MWC. Patience will be a must.

Quote Originally Posted by LKB View Post
    I like Wyoming's addition of Craig Bohl, but he's undoubtedly facing an uphill battle. Their current roster is poor and Wyoming is easily the hardest school to recruit to in the MW, and one of the hardest at the FBS level overall. Cowboy fans will have to patient with him, and definitely keep their heads out of the clouds when comparing Bohl's accomplishments at NDSU to what he'll do at Wyoming. I also hope Bohl is ready for the culture shock....at least from a football stand point. This isn't NDSU....I've been to games at Wyoming that had less than 6K fans in the stands.

Wishing him the best, but Wyoming is a damned tough job. He's not coaching the top dog anymore. He's taken over the Indiana State of the MWC. Patience will be a must.
    If anyone can do it, it is Bohl. He has a knack of finding the overlooked player and has the old Nebraska philosophy. Honestly if he can't do it, it is simply impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    If anyone can do it, it is Bohl. He has a knack of finding the overlooked player and has the old Nebraska philosophy. Honestly if he can't do it, it is simply impossible.
    I bet nick Saban could pull it off.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Agreed. If Bohl can't win in Laramie, the Pokes will have achieved lost cause status.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Watching Bohl on Root sports should have gone to today's game I had bison gear on at the Friday Rockies game.

Quote Originally Posted by LKB View Post
    Agreed. If Bohl can't win in Laramie, the Pokes will have achieved lost cause status.
    If Bohl can't put something together in Laramie, there must be something systemically wrong in the athletic department. While I am not rooting for the Cowboys anymore (in fact an implosion would make me laugh), it will be interesting to watch this unfold.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    If Bohl can't put something together in Laramie, there must be something systemically wrong in the athletic department.
    I think I may watch some Wyoming games for the first time in my life as I am simply curious as well......I think you are 100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    If Bohl can't put something together in Laramie, there must be something systemically wrong in the athletic department. While I am not rooting for the Cowboys anymore (in fact an implosion would make me laugh), it will be interesting to watch this unfold.
    I am curious to watch and see what he can build. Nebraska and NDSU both had tradition to work off of, Wyoming not so much seems more of a tradition of losing. I saw a quote from either the Wyoming message board or athletic article with the "those that stay will be champions" quote. Just made me go hmm so I had to look when they last won the championship of the Mountain west and it looks to me that the never have while in the Mountain West. The did have a 3 way tie in the WAC in 93 and won it out right in 87,88 and 66,67 and 68.

The bar is set quite low right now out there so that is a huge plus for the new staff though. Heck just making it to a Bowl and they will be able to eat at THE restaurant in town for free when ever they want

I gotta admit, this is pretty dam cool of him.

Bohl, in his first season in Laramie, could accomplish little without the strength of 24 battle-tested Cowboys at his back.

“Those seniors have gone through an awful lot. They came here, and it’s a whole new coaching staff," Bohl said. "When younger players come in, they’re going to look up to the older guys. Their example, and being able to lead in a meaningful way, is important.”

In time, that sacrifice will be rewarded. Even if Wyoming doesn't take the Mountain West Conference by storm in 2014, Bohl has promised this inaugural group of seniors that when the Cowboys win a title -- whenever that may be -- these 24 leaders will also receive championship rings.

Any skyscraper, after all, could never have reached such dizzying heights without a solid foundation.

“That's so big. It means a lot to us," Claiborne said of Bohl's promise. "It makes us want to play for him. It makes it easy to play for a coach when you know he has your back.

"I like playing for Coach Bohl. I really like Coach Bohl a lot.”

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyomi...c8de15832.html
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Another one, this one tragic.

Wyomings Ethan Woods mom/dad was killed in an airplane crash over the weekend,

Re: Pray For Ethan
    by jarhead » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:21 pm

Just so everyone knows what kind of coach we have now, Coach Bohl personally drove him home to be with his family. My heart aches for this young man. I hope his teammates and his friends rally around him and help support him through this terrible time.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?