Page 32 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yet, not really. You will never play in a championship or a meaningful bowl game. There is no descernable difference in the quality of play at top flight FCS like NDSU and most G5 schools. That is the part I just don't get from the FBS at all costs crowd. While I would not turn down an MWC invite, the idea that Wyoming is a better place to go than NDSU is comical at best, and stupid at worst.
    What matters to athletes that are being recruited is the quality of facilities and WYO beats NDSU every time with the football facilities and training facilities. They also look at the visibility of the program and no matter what, the MWC is way more visible than the MVFC just by the virtue of being FBS. Last weekend I watched NDSU on ESPN3, while Wyoming was on ESPN2.....getting piss pounded.....but they were on there. I hope we don't have to go up against Bohl very much, because we will not win most of those battles.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    What matters to athletes that are being recruited is the quality of facilities and WYO beats NDSU every time with the football facilities and training facilities. They also look at the visibility of the program and no matter what, the MWC is way more visible than the MVFC just by the virtue of being FBS. Last weekend I watched NDSU on ESPN3, while Wyoming was on ESPN2.....getting piss pounded.....but they were on there. I hope we don't have to go up against Bohl very much, because we will not win most of those battles.
    Which is why I would not turn down the invite....

Well there is some truth to that. On the flip side if your the running back frim Wisconsin, would you be more impressed with a 30k seat stadium with 9k announced attendance with 6k fans in the seats during sub zero weather or a 19k seat dome (soon to be 20k hopefully ) with 20k fans and an electronic atmosphere? Depends on the person I guess

Training facilities Wyoming wins with their IPF and other stuff. The bubble will help a little as well as the shac. We need to keep improving everything no question. Heck the MVFC is getting more competitive

Location. Fargo wins hands down.
    City. Fargo wins hands down. Laramie doesn't even have a Target.
    Weather. Both pretty shitty but Joe Glenn said it's worse in Wyoming. I'll call it a wash.

Tradition. For players that care about that, we win hands down. Others may not care as much.

Exposure. Heck Wyoming was on espn 5 times. They were on roots 3 times. They got beat down on the Big 10 Network by Michigan State and the PAC 12 Network by Oregon.

If we can make another playoff run we will end up with 3 espn games but we HAVE to make a run for that to happen. We were on Fox Sports 1 and espn3 every week as well as Gameplan. Sprinkle in a few games on mediacom, altitude, and midco but thats it. Regionally we get as much exposure as anyone with state wide but we took a step back this year with zero games on FSN North. Gameday we can't bank on coming back.

FBS vs FCS. FBS wins more often than not but we have a decent track record going up against some mac and MWC teams. But that was with Bohl and his staff. Sadly the average person knows who Boise State and Fresno is but don't know who South Dakota or Western Illinois is.

Head to head we will win some battles. Heck SDSU has beaten Bohl a few times but I can't see Wyoming grabbing more than a handful of guys in our territory. Bohl has even said the footprint will change in time. I think he will own Nebraska

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Michigan or Nebraska would be a lot better off if they hired Bohl right now

all that all is part of the equation, but so is playing in front of an enthusiastic crowd.

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    all that all is part of the equation, but so is playing in front of an enthusiastic crowd.
    Yes, Wyo makes a very good point, but I try to put myself in a recruit's shoes (me at that age) and can't understand why a kid would want to go to a loser program at that level.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

who cares what is going on in wyo, we are not them and they are not us

both have positive and negative points

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    Yes, Wyo makes a very good point, but I try to put myself in a recruit's shoes (me at that age) and can't understand why a kid would want to go to a loser program at that level.

some kids like to be a part of an uptrend, ask our post babich recruits

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    some kids like to be a part of an uptrend, ask our post babich recruits
    Good point. I just can't see why a kid would go to Laramie to lose. There really is no uptrend to sell. Just a lot of Bohlshit IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    Good point. I just can't see why a kid would go to Laramie to lose. There really is no uptrend to sell. Just a lot of Bohlshit IMO.

well let's remember we have not seen a class recruited by this staff yet, all are Bohls so he brought some big talent here, give him more money and we will see. I just don't get why some have such a hard on for wyo