Page 3 of 169 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I disagree, he ain't gonna beat PAC12 teams for recruits, and I don't see him beating Boise for recruits. sorry but Laramie is a hard place to recruit top talent to...

maybe I'm wrong but I really don't care either he ain't here so whatever. I know I haven't watched a Wyoming game my entire life and I still wont
    He only has to excel in MWC to get a big job....no need to beat out PAC 12 for recruits.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    We'll see.
    Yes we will, I'm not bitter about bohl he made a career choice fine, but FBS Wyoming is way different world. But again I'm not going to be ordering Wyoming gear
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    I

Fargo is no gem to recruit players to either. The thing about Laramie is they have far superior practice facilities when compared to NDSU. Players do look at that. However, I doubt that we will be going head to head with Wyoming for very many recruits.
    What annoys my about the article is when Bohl said "if you can recruit Fargo, you can recruit anywhere."

To me that's bullshit. Were super close to Minneapolis which is loaded with talent. West of MPLS, were one of the largest metros in the midwest. It's always been that way. It's not tough at all to recruit players like Grant Olson, Marcus Williams, and Cole Jirik being that close to home, especially since they get passed over by the Gophers and watch us beat them.

What's tough is recruiting kids from warm weather climate to come here. Thats why we stick to the midwest footprint

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    What annoys my about the article is when Bohl said "if you can recruit Fargo, you can recruit anywhere."

To me that's bullshit. Were super close to Minneapolis which is loaded with talent. West of MPLS, were one of the largest metros in the midwest. It's always been that way. It's not tough at all to recruit players like Grant Olson, Marcus Williams, and Cole Jirik being that close to home, especially since they get passed over by the Gophers and watch us beat them.

What's tough is recruiting kids from warm weather climate to come here. Thats why we stick to the midwest footprint
    To Fargo community has to be slightly tough especially to the minorities. To NDSU I think is a bit easier though. Really I love Fargo and NDSU but other than the last 5-10 years it really hasn't been on anyone's radar too much. The good thing is NDSU has a big alumni group in Twin Cities and that helps with the recognition. Wyoming has to have a fairly large following too I imagine in the Denver area though? That to me would be the target area is Denver and northern colorado area.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    To Fargo community has to be slightly tough especially to the minorities. To NDSU I think is a bit easier though. Really I love Fargo and NDSU but other than the last 5-10 years it really hasn't been on anyone's radar too much. The good thing is NDSU has a big alumni group in Twin Cities and that helps with the recognition. Wyoming has to have a fairly large following too I imagine in the Denver area though? That to me would be the target area is Denver and northern colorado area.
    I dunno. The midwest in general is very white. Heck the twin cities is only 6% African American, Lawrence and Manhattan Kansas are 5%, and Fargo Moorhead is 3%. Green Bay is 1%
    Omaha is 15%. Iowa as a state is 3% with Desmoines being the most diverse at 10%

Laramie is less than 1% and it's small

I think the culture shock may be a little different if your coming from say Florida or the south east, but in general midwest kids are used to all us crazy white folks

I think the weather may be a bigger shock. Imagine coming from an area down south where it's warm and half the population is African American. Tons of white folks everywhere and it's cold Trying to put myself in those shoes and it would be tough.
    Honestly I think people up here are so NICE minorities seek through it. Besides ndsu campus and the FM metro is more entertaining than most people realize but I get why the perception is the way it is
    Last edited by HerdBot; 05-17-2014 at 06:19 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Think about our last few posters and this one. I think this poster is telling...

@wyoathletics: Hey @wyo_football fans! Check out this year's poster for the #NewBohlEra! #gowyo http://t.co/Cn787uFFcI
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Think about our last few posters and this one. I think this poster is telling...

@wyoathletics: Hey @wyo_football fans! Check out this year's poster for the #NewBohlEra! #gowyo http://t.co/Cn787uFFcI
    I hope fauxcoachbohl chimes in on this one...
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by gotts View Post
    I hope fauxcoachbohl chimes in on this one...
    I don't know who he is, but he's funny
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I don't know who he is, but he's funny
    SHE is Bohl's wife.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    SHE is Bohl's wife.
    And she is writing it in Fargo?