Page 29 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    cuz there are solid players in Minnesota. No different then us going into Kansas or Illinois

There's more FBS talent in Kansas and significantly more in Illinois than Minnesota. Bohl would be better off focusing on states that produce more FBS talent than MN like CO, AZ, UT, or NV where the recruits may have actually seen a tumbleweed that wasn't in a movie.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

cuz there are solid players in Minnesota. No different then us going into Kansas or Illinois
    If we got a majority of our players from Illinois, attrition would be through the roof and we would suck. Those who stay will be champions. Regional kids stay more often than 600+ miles away do. It's a big part of what we do

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    There's more FBS talent in Kansas and significantly more in Illinois than Minnesota. Bohl would be better off focusing on states that produce more FBS talent than MN like CO, AZ, UT, or NV where the recruits may have actually seen a tumbleweed that wasn't in a movie.
    Well NDSU is FCS. Wyoming isnt a jump up from us most of our roster could play and start for Wyoming.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well NDSU is FCS. Wyoming isnt a jump up from us most of our roster could play and start for Wyoming.
    I bet bohl would love to have 98% of our roster right now

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    I bet bohl would love to have 98% of our roster right now
    Reusee basically said exactly that.

I think Bohl wants to exploit his connections to hopefully get something rolling. Like we all know, success breeds success. He probably can't even get in some of these kids living rooms right now, they just don't have the tradition and success. Instead of failing at a new recruiting ground, you start where you came from in hopes you get some success(Brian Hill, etc). Once you get more and more distant from the area and your success grows, you shift your focus to your local grounds.

That's just how I look at it, which doesn't mean much.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I think Bohl wants to exploit his connections to hopefully get something rolling. Like we all know, success breeds success. He probably can't even get in some of these kids living rooms right now, they just don't have the tradition and success. Instead of failing at a new recruiting ground, you start where you came from in hopes you get some success(Brian Hill, etc). Once you get more and more distant from the area and your success grows, you shift your focus to your local grounds.

That's just how I look at it, which doesn't mean much.
    I'd think he need to start in his own back yard, and hope you find some kids you can coach up, even if not the same level of others players. Focus on getting to a .500 season and show you can get this baby rolling. Then, try for more out state kids.

Let's face it; the cupboard is bare, and you can't blame Bohl for the mess there. However, if he thinks success will come from NDSU's recruiting ground, his stay in Laramie will be short. About the only area he should typically overlap with NDSU recruiting is South Dakota, and maybe a little bit of Nebraska; that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'd think he need to start in his own back yard, and hope you find some kids you can coach up, even if not the same level of others players. Focus on getting to a .500 season and show you can get this baby rolling. Then, try for more out state kids.

Let's face it; the cupboard is bare, and you can't blame Bohl for the mess there. However, if he thinks success will come from NDSU's recruiting ground, his stay in Laramie will be short. About the only area he should typically overlap with NDSU recruiting is South Dakota, and maybe a little bit of Nebraska; that's it.
    Are you saying that he isn't recruiting Wyoming? The "backyard" you're talking about is pretty small in the overall scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Are you saying that he isn't recruiting Wyoming? The "backyard" you're talking about is pretty small in the overall scheme of things.
    I am thinking mainly about Colorado in addition to Wyoming. That should be his new "Minnesota." Pretty similar if you think about it, but I admit a little trickier with both Colorado and Colorado St, but still a good size population to pick from. You'd also think that Montana could be his new South Dakota.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I am thinking mainly about Colorado in addition to Wyoming. That should be his new "Minnesota." Pretty similar if you think about it, but I admit a little trickier with both Colorado and Colorado St, but still a good size population to pick from. You'd also think that Montana could be his new South Dakota.
    That makes sense. I still don't think it's a bad idea to spend SOME resources to recruit states like Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, etc. He has a certain amount of name recognition that could make the difference in getting one or two recruits. No different than us recruiting Texas and/or Florida.