Page 14 of 169 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

Sometimes people insist on making things complicated. I remember all the talk about what Craig would do and just what sort of job would be enough to drag him away from Fargo. Quite a bit of it seemed reasonable. Most of it was incorrect. I think he was very happy at NDSU and could have easily stayed there until he retired. It was his "safety net". When Wyoming offered him the job, he had a decision to make and he took it. I think it was the one, and only, real offer he got during the 10 years he was in Fargo. I honestly never thought of Craig as anybody other than a good coach who cared about his players and the people he worked closely with but who, ultimately, would always do what benefitted HIM the most. That makes him no worse than 99.9% of the people I've ever met.

Hawaii...a fellow Mountain West program... Has "a real possibility" of dropping football.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Hawaii...a fellow Mountain West program... Has "a real possibility" of dropping football.
    Well that must be the opening UND needs to move up what say you SS.com??
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Bohl on espn.com

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...on-bobby-hauck

You guys can whine all you want he's a ndsu legend
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Bohl on espn.com

Who are you speaking of?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Sometimes people insist on making things complicated. I remember all the talk about what Craig would do and just what sort of job would be enough to drag him away from Fargo. Quite a bit of it seemed reasonable. Most of it was incorrect. I think he was very happy at NDSU and could have easily stayed there until he retired. It was his "safety net". When Wyoming offered him the job, he had a decision to make and he took it. I think it was the one, and only, real offer he got during the 10 years he was in Fargo. I honestly never thought of Craig as anybody other than a good coach who cared about his players and the people he worked closely with but who, ultimately, would always do what benefitted HIM the most. That makes him no worse than 99.9% of the people I've ever met.

This here.

Bohl will do a good job at Wyoming.

AKBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Bohl on espn.com

Quoted For Truth. The Chapman, Taylor, Miles/Saul, Bohl era forever changed the perception of NDSU. I work in the Ag industry and when attending conferences at Iowa State and UM, I can tell you for a fact that their Ag Alumni look at NDSU in a whole new light. This includes published data and research info. Sometimes perception is reality.

The past 10 years were huge HUGE for SU. Transformed from what was recognized as sleepy teaching college to what is now seen as a high level research Institute. Sports played a big part in that. Hand in Hand with the Ph.D degrees and research $$$$ . Thanks Joe et el!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Quoted For Truth. The Chapman, Taylor, Miles/Saul, Bohl era forever changed the perception of NDSU. I work in the Ag industry and when attending conferences at Iowa State and UM, I can tell you for a fact that their Ag Alumni look at NDSU in a whole new light. This includes published data and research info. Sometimes perception is reality.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 08-21-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Great post.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    The past 10 years were huge HUGE for SU. Transformed from what was recognized as sleepy teaching college to what is now seen as a high level research Institute. Sports played a big part in that. Hand in Hand with the Ph.D degrees and research $$$$ . Thanks Joe et el!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teaching college?
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."