Page 13 of 169 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Could he have conducted himself better after announcing the switch? Yes, but that is not the intention of this post.
    That is where most people have the problem though. Most would agree with you on the rest of the post.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Go Klieman.

Lardsin must go!

I still wish him the best. For those still harboring a grudge toward coach Bohl, I would ask you to put yourself in his shoes and ask what you would do. Yes, some of you would turn down everything to say at NDSU, but many of us, myself included would do what Coach Bohl did. Could he have conducted himself better after announcing the switch? Yes, but that is not the intention of this post.
    When someone acts in such a classless way during the departure, I lose respect for them. I just never will view Bohl in the same light, and I am far from alone in that. It would be OK if my kid finally got a decent team to cheer for in Laramie as he has never known what it is like to have a winning FB program at college. But, there is also a part of me that would smirk like hell to see Bohl get clobbered. The coach of my team is Kleiman!

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    When someone acts in such a classless way during the departure, I lose respect for them. I just never will view Bohl in the same light, and I am far from alone in that. It would be OK if my kid finally got a decent team to cheer for in Laramie as he has never known what it is like to have a winning FB program at college. But, there is also a part of me that would smirk like hell to see Bohl get clobbered. The coach of my team is Kleiman!
    Yep ^^^^^^
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Not this shit again.

Agreed. Anyone who thinks Bohl is in Wyoming for the long run, does not understand him.

I honestly think he was thinking of staying in Fargo long term; I think that is why he did the long term deal. It really makes sense; he just got remarried to a younger lady from the area a few years ago, kid was playing across the river, and I always thought he was sincere in his respect for Gene Taylor. But that K St game changed him, and woke up the echos of what was possible and the desire to be a big 5 coach. Cripes, he had Gameday in Fargo, was profiled on national TV; you think that has no effect on a man? He knew he was in the perfect year to make a move, and it really was going to be now or never as his stock would never be higher as an NDSU coach, so he waited for the big 5 offer. Obviously, it never came, yet the Mountain West did and it fit his philosophy criteria. So, he took at as a stepping stone to that big 5 job. If he has success at Wyoming, the Big 5 will no longer be able to ignore him.

I still wish him the best. For those still harboring a grudge toward coach Bohl, I would ask you to put yourself in his shoes and ask what you would do. Yes, some of you would turn down everything to stay at NDSU, but many of us, myself included would do what Coach Bohl did. Could he have conducted himself better after announcing the switch? Yes, but that is not the intention of this post.
    Dang, post was so popular, I am approaching Robot status on this board.

Dang, post was so popular, I am approaching Robot status on this board.

Did you just quote yourself?
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Did you just quote yourself?
    Yes I did. need to keep that up!

Agreed. Anyone who thinks Bohl is in Wyoming for the long run, does not understand him.

I honestly think he was thinking of staying in Fargo long term; I think that is why he did the long term deal. It really makes sense; he just got remarried to a younger lady from the area a few years ago, kid was playing across the river, and I always thought he was sincere in his respect for Gene Taylor. But that K St game changed him, and woke up the echos of what was possible and the desire to be a big 5 coach. Cripes, he had Gameday in Fargo, was profiled on national TV; you think that has no effect on a man? He knew he was in the perfect year to make a move, and it really was going to be now or never as his stock would never be higher as an NDSU coach, so he waited for the big 5 offer. Obviously, it never came, yet the Mountain West did and it fit his philosophy criteria. So, he took at as a stepping stone to that big 5 job. If he has success at Wyoming, the Big 5 will no longer be able to ignore him.

I still wish him the best. For those still harboring a grudge toward coach Bohl, I would ask you to put yourself in his shoes and ask what you would do. Yes, some of you would turn down everything to stay at NDSU, but many of us, myself included would do what Coach Bohl did. Could he have conducted himself better after announcing the switch? Yes, but that is not the intention of this post.
    I think people are totally underestimating the roll his agent played in this. Hes the salesman. Hes pitching to both sides of the fence here.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Since we are talking about Bohl today, found this article interesting....Michigan State previews Wyoming. Most of article about Bohl. Mentions North Dakota State's #17 Sagarin ranking last year.

http://www.theonlycolors.com/2014/8/...series-wyoming