Page 12 of 169 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Yep, he brought us three Natty's. Hell I hope he pulls of the miracle of miracles and gets Wyoming into the new P5 Playoff.
    You could have a Mountain West team play every non conference game against the SEC top teams, win every game, and have about as much chance of making that playoff as having Lakes be rationale and not troll other team's message boards.....

GradBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Have any of you ever been to Laramie? Who in their right mind would want to go live there to play football? A couple mountain men is all and the town isn't in the mountains it's on the high prairie in between some mountains it's like the size of Jamestown nd the population doubles when they start school no 5 star recruits are heading there I'll tell you that for free.
    And how many 5 star recruits are coming to Fargo?

From the reaction to the Bohl deal, I can't begin to imagine the nasty breakups some of you guys must've had.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Why would a five star recruit come to ndsu? Ndsu is not even in the mountain West. Wyoming does have a home field advantage with the altitude and you win all your home games you'll probably make a bowl game and maybe get an ice bath but besides that I don't see what Wyoming really has to offer thanks for the time as a bison bohl but you either went to Wyoming for money or because your ego is so big you think you can build a national power at Wyoming. I'm done kicking the dead horse let's move on. Let men with no eyebrows be. Almost time for Bison Football.

Lardsin must go!

Why would a five star recruit come to ndsu? Ndsu is not even in the mountain West. Wyoming does have a home field advantage with the altitude and you win all your home games you'll probably make a bowl game and maybe get an ice bath but besides that I don't see what Wyoming really has to offer thanks for the time as a bison bohl but you either went to Wyoming for money or because your ego is so big you think you can build a national power at Wyoming. I'm done kicking the dead horse let's move on. Let men with no eyebrows be. Almost time for Bison Football.
    Money
    Private Jet
    Stepping Stone
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Money
    Private Jet
    Stepping Stone
    What the shit, Archer? Bohl went to Wyoming?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    What the shit, Archer? Bohl went to Wyoming?
    Who is this bohl guy?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Money
    Private Jet
    Stepping Stone
    I agree. Bohl will be in Wyo for 3 years tops and will make some noticeable improvements in the team on many fronts. At that point, Nebraska or some other school will steal him and he will take the offer and run. There will be no Wyo championships of any sort under his watch. Maybe, however, they end up with such strong momentum so that when Vigen takes over the team in 2017, they continue the improvement and make it all good by winning the MW in 2020.
    Insert something clever here...

Craig who? By the way Orygun.... Great avatar! Neighbor?

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I agree. Bohl will be in Wyo for 3 years tops and will make some noticeable improvements in the team on many fronts. At that point, Nebraska or some other school will steal him and he will take the offer and run. There will be no Wyo championships of any sort under his watch. Maybe, however, they end up with such strong momentum so that when Vigen takes over the team in 2017, they continue the improvement and make it all good by winning the MW in 2020.
    Agreed. Anyone who thinks Bohl is in Wyoming for the long run, does not understand him.

I honestly think he was thinking of staying in Fargo long term; I think that is why he did the long term deal. It really makes sense; he just got remarried to a younger lady from the area a few years ago, kid was playing across the river, and I always thought he was sincere in his respect for Gene Taylor. But that K St game changed him, and woke up the echos of what was possible and the desire to be a big 5 coach. Cripes, he had Gameday in Fargo, was profiled on national TV; you think that has no effect on a man? He knew he was in the perfect year to make a move, and it really was going to be now or never as his stock would never be higher as an NDSU coach, so he waited for the big 5 offer. Obviously, it never came, yet the Mountain West did and it fit his philosophy criteria. So, he took at as a stepping stone to that big 5 job. If he has success at Wyoming, the Big 5 will no longer be able to ignore him.

I still wish him the best. For those still harboring a grudge toward coach Bohl, I would ask you to put yourself in his shoes and ask what you would do. Yes, some of you would turn down everything to stay at NDSU, but many of us, myself included would do what Coach Bohl did. Could he have conducted himself better after announcing the switch? Yes, but that is not the intention of this post.
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 08-19-2014 at 04:16 PM.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Agreed. Anyone who thinks Bohl is in Wyoming for the long run, does not understand him.

I honestly think he was thinking of staying in Fargo long term; I think that is why he did the long term deal. It really makes sense; he just got remarried to a younger lady from the area a few years ago, kid was playing across the river, and I always thought he was sincere in his respect for Gene Taylor. But that K St game changed him, and woke up the echos of what was possible and the desire to be a big 5 coach. Cripes, he had Gameday in Fargo, was profiled on national TV; you think that has no effect on a man? He knew he was in the perfect year to make a move, and it really was going to be now or never as his stock would never be higher as an NDSU coach, so he waited for the big 5 offer. Obviously, it never came, yet the Mountain West did and it fit his philosophy criteria. So, he took at as a stepping stone to that big 5 job. If he has success at Wyoming, the Big 5 will no longer be able to ignore him.

I still wish him the best. For those still harboring a grudge toward coach Bohl, I would ask you to put yourself in his shoes and ask what you would do. Yes, some of you would turn down everything to say at NDSU, but many of us, myself included would do what Coach Bohl did. Could he have conducted himself better after announcing the switch? Yes, but that is not the intention of this post.
    ^^^^^^^This^^^^^^

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to THEsocalledfan again.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."