Page 45 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

Quote Originally Posted by perthbison View Post
    The Pokes claim he's a 3star. Not bad
    Stars mean nothing in our part of the country . Offers are more important.

According to Rivals Kyle Emmanuel, Littlejohn, Leevon Perry, Jirik , Gimmestad, Vraa, Heagle, Brock Jensen, and Crockett had zero stars. Marcus Williams, Wentz, Ryan Smith, Beck, Thornton and Ryan Drevlow didn't even have Rivals pages.

However Cooper Wahlo, Gebhart, Juckem, Grant Olson and Dudzik were 2 star guys. Our best offensive lineman in Bison history was a 2 star guy. Ryan Stanford and McGinnis were 2 star guys but we're beat out by Wentz and Brock with no stars. We got a 3 star dlineman last year who redshirted, and left the team never played a down.

Our current offensive line is starless. They must really suck.

Haeg - walk on no rivals page
    Zack Johnson no stars
    Kuhnert no stars
    Kelly no stars
    Lechler, no rivals page
    top reserve Plankers, no rivals page

End rant on rivals stars.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Stars mean nothing in our part of the country . Offers are more important.

According to Rivals Kyle Emmanuel, Littlejohn, Leevon Perry, Jirik , Gimmestad, Vraa, Heagle, Brock Jensen, and Crockett had zero stars. Marcus Williams, Wentz, Ryan Smith, Beck, Thornton and Ryan Drevlow didn't even have Rivals pages.

However Cooper Wahlo, Gebhart, Juckem, Grant Olson and Dudzik were 2 star guys. Our best offensive lineman in Bison history was a 2 star guy. Ryan Stanford and McGinnis were 2 star guys but we're beat out by Wentz and Brock with no stars. We got a 3 star dlineman last year who redshirted, and left the team never played a down.

Our current offensive line is starless. They must really suck.

Haeg - walk on no rivals page
    Zack Johnson no stars
    Kuhnert no stars
    Kelly no stars
    Lechler, no rivals page
    top reserve Plankers, no rivals page

End rant on rivals stars.
    Part of the rivals system is it requires the athletes to sign up. Usually a college coach encourages them to sign up so they can go back to the boosters later and say they got x amount of 3 star signees. The problem comes in when these guys commit, they automatically rise up in the ranking system. So someone like Harry commits to UND, UND encourages him to sign up to Rivals so they can show to other recruits and boosters they are signing ranked athletes because as soon as they got him to commit to a D1 program, he went up a star. He already was in the top 20 in the state, from someplace I read, so that puts him somewhere in the top 1000 in the country, so he was no less than 2 stars before he committed. He committed to a D1 one program and if he wasn't already in the top 750 to get the three stars, he is now. So when Wyoming goes after him and gets him to change his verbal, he is already a 3 star recruit. He might have already been a low three star before the UN_ commitment, but he was a solid 3 star afterwards. Just signing up to rivals makes a athlete a 1 star.

I am guessing when NDSU starts talking to these kids, one of the first things they tell them is the college scouts know who they are and signing up for rivals does nothing but put unneeded expectations on their collegiate career by people that it doesn't really matter to. If a school wants them, they will find them regardless of how many stars are after their name. The stars are all about selling programs to boosters and dreamers. NDSU doesn't need the stars to sell the program. The athletes don't need the stars to excel in the program. All it does is distract a student/athlete from making a decision based on their needs, wants, and what is best for them and their family. While the top programs in the nation get their fill of 4 and 5 star ranked football players, I would be willing to bet when they get their sights on someone who hasn't signed up with a scouting service they tell them the same thing. The stars rally only come into play when you are talking about a fringe athlete who is a high two star that needs the three star to get a D1 offer or a high 3 star who needs a 4 star to get a P5 offer. I am guessing a lot of the kids that committed to NDSU would have been 3 star signees if they had signed up with a scouting service like Rivals. At a minimum, most of them would have been high 2 stars. Of course, we all know it doesn't matter how they get here, it matter what they do when they get here. That is simply my opinion based on how I understand how Rivals works as far as being on their radar requiring a high school athlete to actually sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Part of the rivals system is it requires the athletes to sign up. Usually a college coach encourages them to sign up so they can go back to the boosters later and say they got x amount of 3 star signees. The problem comes in when these guys commit, they automatically rise up in the ranking system. So someone like Harry commits to UND, UND encourages him to sign up to Rivals so they can show to other recruits and boosters they are signing ranked athletes because as soon as they got him to commit to a D1 program, he went up a star. He already was in the top 20 in the state, from someplace I read, so that puts him somewhere in the top 1000 in the country, so he was no less than 2 stars before he committed. He committed to a D1 one program and if he wasn't already in the top 750 to get the three stars, he is now. So when Wyoming goes after him and gets him to change his verbal, he is already a 3 star recruit. He might have already been a low three star before the UN_ commitment, but he was a solid 3 star afterwards. Just signing up to rivals makes a athlete a 1 star.

I am guessing when NDSU starts talking to these kids, one of the first things they tell them is the college scouts know who they are and signing up for rivals does nothing but put unneeded expectations on their collegiate career by people that it doesn't really matter to. If a school wants them, they will find them regardless of how many stars are after their name. The stars are all about selling programs to boosters and dreamers. NDSU doesn't need the stars to sell the program. The athletes don't need the stars to excel in the program. All it does is distract a student/athlete from making a decision based on their needs, wants, and what is best for them and their family. While the top programs in the nation get their fill of 4 and 5 star ranked football players, I would be willing to bet when they get their sights on someone who hasn't signed up with a scouting service they tell them the same thing. The stars rally only come into play when you are talking about a fringe athlete who is a high two star that needs the three star to get a D1 offer or a high 3 star who needs a 4 star to get a P5 offer. I am guessing a lot of the kids that committed to NDSU would have been 3 star signees if they had signed up with a scouting service like Rivals. At a minimum, most of them would have been high 2 stars. Of course, we all know it doesn't matter how they get here, it matter what they do when they get here. That is simply my opinion based on how I understand how Rivals works as far as being on their radar requiring a high school athlete to actually sign up.
    Great post.
    although I wouldn't trade Grimsley, Brown, or Sikes for him ever. Still a good player.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thanks for the rivals run down. I didn't know how that system works but I always knew NDSU pretty much ignored it and with much success. The Pokes are proud of their 3 stars though.

Thanks for the rivals run down. I didn't know how that system works but I always knew NDSU pretty much ignored it and with much success. The Pokes are proud of their 3 stars though.
    He has a program to sell over there. He has to sell hope out of the chute. I think if NDSU had a couple of seasons like 2009 and interest started waning, Bohl would have started having kids sign up and watching stars rise as they committed to a D1 school. He still had a a little bit of leeway here given to him when he told everyone he had a great recruiting class. Where he is now, he has to show he has a great recruiting class before they even hit the field. He is selling dreams right now to get some money rolling.

Here's 3 stars I like to give to students.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Here's 3 stars I like to give to students.

Just like UN_, two of them didn't show up.

Hambone is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post

Not sure on the accuracy of the entire post, but I do know that Momoh was ranked as a three star prior to UND even recruiting him, so your theory that UND encouraged him to sign up for rivals is bunk. Maybe I'm not sure what you mean by signing up - a lot of NDSUs recruits are on rivals just the same as Momoh.
    University of North Dakota *THIS SPACE FOR RENT*

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Not sure on the accuracy of the entire post, but I do know that Momoh was ranked as a three star prior to UND even recruiting him, so your theory that UND encouraged him to sign up for rivals is bunk. Maybe I'm not sure what you mean by signing up - a lot of NDSUs recruits are on rivals just the same as Momoh.
    http://recruiting-101.com/how-do-i-g...iting-profile/

http://noahstanley.com/how-to-get-yo...age-on-rivals/

http://nsr-inc.com/blog/rivals-scout...am-not-listed/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...players-ranked

Todays star trib. Craig Boll
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club