Page 99 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bohl News

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Even if I agreed with you, I would still like to know why you want to forget all the good he did, then just carry a grudge about the bad. It is clear mistakes were made, but I know NDSU would not be where it is without him, Chapman, and Taylor.
    Kolpack's book revisited this very well. Both sides agreed they blew the announcement. Bohl wanted to announce Sunday Morning. NDSU felt after the Saturday night game. They met. Decided to do Sunday. During the interim the story broke and the difficulties started. Bohl did not at the time use Social Media. He didn't think the story would break. It did.

NDSU was well of aware of him looking at the job in Wyoming and knew he was leaving. They did not have a plan in place- Stay or go upon announcing. So they made it up as it went along.

If you have ever leave a job with clients. Banking, Insurance, Legal, accounting. If you leave to go to a competitor, you are asked to leave that day. NDSU in retrospect should have used this approach. But we have the benefit of hindsight.

Turns out Bohl is a very good coach, not just the establishment making him appear to be a good caretaker that many believe.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Turns out Bohl is a very good coach, not just the establishment making him appear to be a good caretaker that many believe.
    Bohl was a good coach for NDSU and I believe is a good coach now. And, yes, he was more than a "caretaker" that many do believe he was, establishment or not.

By the same token, however, he did not "build this program" from the ground up as many with a dull sense of history would have you believe. The foundation and tradition of NDSU football was built a long time ago, and Bohl was able to successfully tap into that foundation and tradition...............because he had been here before, and knew it was there.

Thus endeth the lesson, grasshoppers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Bohl was a good coach for NDSU and I believe is a good coach now. And, yes, he was more than a "caretaker" that many do believe he was, establishment or not.

By the same token, however, he did not "build this program" from the ground up as many with a dull sense of history would have you believe. The foundation and tradition of NDSU football was built a long time ago, and Bohl was able to successfully tap into that foundation and tradition...............because he had been here before, and knew it was there.

Bohl was a good coach, but ndsu specifically GT, made him get his life together and be a better person. The correlation bettween coach getting a good night sleep and winning verses chasing skirts and losing are pretty easy to see.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    If Bohl was having another 2 win season would the Wyoming side live up to their end of a long-term commitment?
    Bohl would still get paid so I would say, yes.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bison Loaf again.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Bohl would still get paid so I would say, yes.
    Wyoming gets paid the buy-out if plucked, so Bohl lives up to his end contractually if he leaves.

Was referring more the suggestion that he was ducking out on the promise to build the program type comments. Goes both ways if he was clear going in that it would take 3-5 years to start showing progress. Sounded like people were getting very impatient.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Wyoming gets paid the buy-out if plucked, so Bohl lives up to his end contractually if he leaves.

Was referring more the suggestion that he was ducking out on the promise to build the program type comments. Goes both ways if he was clear going in that it would take 3-5 years to start showing progress. Sounded like people were getting very impatient.
    You are right again, Chubs, although in Wyoming's defense, they showed remarkable............some would even say "heroic"..................restraint when the F'Hawkers beat the Pokes last year.

You are right again, Chubs, although in Wyoming's defense, they showed remarkable............some would even say "heroic"..................restraint when the F'Hawkers beat the Pokes last year.
    Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom first.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wyoming wasn't very good last year and the QB Allen got hurt in his first game and out for the year. An example, Granderson their D lineman was 195 pounds last year. This year was 225 and in the backfield all the time until he blew out this knee. He was a freshman or RS freshman last year. He like the team just started to grow up. Right now they are pretty beat up and lacking depth as most of team is first or second year.

If they continue to progress they will be top 20,

Pretty impressive job by Coach Bohl & Co in Laramie so far!