Page 67 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

If the kid isnt good enough why were they playing him?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    http://www.wyonation.com/forum/viewt...hp?f=3&t=13714Sounds like 3 players left the program
    Bottom line is they didn't think he was good enough and after a 2 win season I don't blame them. He earned his shot and apparently didn't do good enough. Based on prior NDSU history, I think Bohl has a history of treating his players fairly so I tend to believe him.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Yeah, I don't believe all that....there are 2 sides to the story
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Did anyone ever find out what happened with Kenny Burns, and why Bohl got rid of him? Not much for info at the Wyoming board.

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    Did anyone ever find out what happened with Kenny Burns, and why Bohl got rid of him? Not much for info at the Wyoming board.
    Recruiting infraction.
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    Recruiting infraction.
    Yeah I wonder if it had anything to do with our alleged missing recruiting files.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    If the kid isnt good enough why were they playing him?
    They played him primarily in 2014 but not much in 2015. My understanding is this year he had to work a job to pay his way in college, and likely wasn't able to put the time in Bohl expected or required. Doesn't bode well for any walk-on that needs to work their way through college, but I can understand that may be a reality of today's college football. There is another player, Tanner Gentry, who had a career ending injury, and his parent reported that Wyoming has treated him very well. So I am guessing it is mostly about the time (or lack of) Tutein was able to dedicate to the program.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So the kid is good enough to see the field this year but not good enough to remain on the team? A walk on that is playing in front of scholarship players but not good enough to get a scholarship? Seems strange doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    They played him primarily in 2014 but not much in 2015. My understanding is this year he had to work a job to pay his way in college, and likely wasn't able to put the time in Bohl expected or required. Doesn't bode well for any walk-on that needs to work their way through college, but I can understand that may be a reality of today's college football. There is another player, Tanner Gentry, who had a career ending injury, and his parent reported that Wyoming has treated him very well. So I am guessing it is mostly about the time (or lack of) Tutein was able to dedicate to the program.
    You dont miss Football time for work. Plus I have never known anyone to work during the season. Something doesnt smell right.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You dont miss Football time for work. Plus I have never known anyone to work during the season. Something doesnt smell right.
    It was goofy. If what the kid was saying is true, he was told if he did his time, put in the work, he would get a scholarship. He did all that and didn't get a scholarship. He then had to get a job or would be living on the street. It isn't right he counted on something that wasn't a sure thing, but he also had to do what he had to do. If he was in fact told those things and he thought he lived up to them and was getting a scholarship, then there was a lack of communication between him and the coaching staff. There seems to be some fault all around here, but the young man should learn not to count on anything until you have it in your hands. If he was led to believe he was in line for a scholarship, there is certainly failure among the coaches for not being very clear about what their objective was with him. Yes he is an adult, but part of the learning process should be making decisions with all the information in front of him. It sounds like both parties in this were not very clear with each other.

Hopefully they all learn from this. This young man certainly learned some valuable lessons. Whether he appreciates them right now or not is another story. New recruits will hopefully learn about this story and make sure they have the vision of the coaching staff very clearly in front of them when they make decisions. Hopefully the coaching staff realizes the importance of laying out their objectives to each student/athlete and giving them attainable goals or letting them loose. If I am being told I accomplish A,B, and C and the return by meeting those goals are D,E, and F there better be a conversation well before 20 other things having to fall in place fall apart because the rug got pulled out. That is why CB is paid the big bucks, to make sure these individual cases don't fall between the cracks.