Page 96 of 169 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

What makes Bohl attractive isn't necessarily the success on the football field for one season, it is he laid out a very specific plan and it has been working. He said from day one this was a project. He said he was going to lose some guys who didn't want to play in his program. He said he was going to recruit a certain type of player and even laid out the recruiting blueprint he was going to use. He even laid out a timeframe it would take for his recruits to catch on to his way of doing business and regardless of the impatience of cowboy fans, it has worked just like he put it out there. Now there is a young team with a game plan in front of them doing what he wants them to do and finding success doing it. He promised a program that would compete for conference titles and the cowboys are well on their way there. I don't know if it would be bailing out if he were to leave now though. He hasn't fully completed the mission he has set out in front of everyone. I don't think he is at the age where he can afford to be loyal if a Purdue or Maryland calls, says they will let him do it his way, and gives him 5 years to do it either. Purdue more because he is more familiar with the recruiting area than the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    What makes Bohl attractive isn't necessarily the success on the football field for one season, it is he laid out a very specific plan and it has been working. He said from day one this was a project. He said he was going to lose some guys who didn't want to play in his program. He said he was going to recruit a certain type of player and even laid out the recruiting blueprint he was going to use. He even laid out a timeframe it would take for his recruits to catch on to his way of doing business and regardless of the impatience of cowboy fans, it has worked just like he put it out there. Now there is a young team with a game plan in front of them doing what he wants them to do and finding success doing it. He promised a program that would compete for conference titles and the cowboys are well on their way there. I don't know if it would be bailing out if he were to leave now though. He hasn't fully completed the mission he has set out in front of everyone. I don't think he is at the age where he can afford to be loyal if a Purdue or Maryland calls, says they will let him do it his way, and gives him 5 years to do it either. Purdue more because he is more familiar with the recruiting area than the east coast.
    It might sound crazy, but recruiting and being successful at Purdue might more difficult than it is at Wyoming mainly due to the quality of programs in the Big 10.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Bohl was at NDSU until he felt he could not improve the program, do you think he will do the same at Wyoming or run for the money bucket??
    He was at ndsu until he got offered a FBs position

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    It might sound crazy, but recruiting and being successful at Purdue might more difficult than it is at Wyoming mainly due to the quality of programs in the Big 10.
    There are plenty of very good Indiana kids who leave the state for college football. Pick up just a few of them and compete a little better for kids from Chicago (only 2 hours from campus), St. Louis (3-4 hours away), and Ohio. They also recruit heavily in Texas and Florida. They can be very competitive on a consistent basis in the Big Ten. I would love to see him recruit the types of players he did at NDSU. Lots of corn-fed linemen and hard working kids in Indiana, Illinois. Michigan, Ohio. Purdue and NDSU are very similar schools as well as land grant schools, ag, engineering, and pharmacy. I'm thinking they want to go with a bigger name at this point after striking out with two rising coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    So simple, yet so true.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    There are plenty of very good Indiana kids who leave the state for college football. Pick up just a few of them and compete a little better for kids from Chicago (only 2 hours from campus), St. Louis (3-4 hours away), and Ohio. They also recruit heavily in Texas and Florida. They can be very competitive on a consistent basis in the Big Ten. I would love to see him recruit the types of players he did at NDSU. Lots of corn-fed linemen and hard working kids in Indiana, Illinois. Michigan, Ohio. Purdue and NDSU are very similar schools as well as land grant schools, ag, engineering, and pharmacy. I'm thinking they want to go with a bigger name at this point after striking out with two rising coaches.
    I have no doubt Bohl could recruit at Purdue, but I was referring to the difficulty it is to battle schools like tOSU, Michigan and soon, PSU for top recruits as opposed to Boise State and the USAFA.

To be successful, yes, he would have to take the same approach that he did at NDSU. I believe this is similar to what Wisconsin and Iowa do in regards to recruiting.

In regards to talented kids in Indiana, there's a ton of them there, especially at places like Warren.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Per Izzo tweet:

Interesting news out from @BruceFeldmanCFB; Wyoming working on a contract extension for Craig Bohl. Original deal was thru 2018
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    You're probably right and that's so frustrating to me. Time after time coaches go for a big name to make a splash as opposed to hiring someone who will build something from the bottom up. Minnesota comes to mind. Apparently they didn't need Bohl.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    You're probably right and that's so frustrating to me. Time after time coaches go for a big name to make a splash as opposed to hiring someone who will build something from the bottom up. Minnesota comes to mind. Apparently they didn't need Bohl.
    Brewster hire was horrible clays I don't like but to say kill was a bad hire I'm unsure about...he started to turn it around but that was cut short by health concerns

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Didn't Bohl have some offers before Wyoming?