Page 35 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Didn't want to count Jones with injuries. Same with guys like Hank Jacobs and a few others.

I guess my point is we develop athletes and a big part of what we do is "those who stay will be champions."

I think culturally it's safer to target kids from the midwest. A kid from Texas will experience a major culture shock in weather going from Texas to North Dakota. You don't see thst as much with kids from Nebraska, Wisconsin, or even Illinois. California to North Dakota is a different planet. I dont think we can ever make a pipeline from Texas. There are probably better athletes but to get a guy like DJ or Holloway, you need to increase the number of a Texas kids. Meanwhile we could be missing out on safer hidden gems like Emmanuel, Dudzik, Jensen, or Heagle. With the needed depth I think it's a safer route to get mostly midwest kids. Sometimes there isn't enough talent so you can target the southern kids but it cant be a primary source of athletes. Thats what lead to a 3-8 and 6-5 season. We got these so called studs while sdsu was winning many battles in our main recruiting area. Our attrition was through the roof while sdsu was super low. Is anyone concerned we don't have much activity in Nebraska?

I all goes in cycles. FYI we had guys on our team from TX in the early 70s.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

No way pl in the day it was only kids from the herd botched footprint North Dakota mNand Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    No way pl in the day it was only kids from the herd botched footprint North Dakota mNand Wisconsin
    Of course there were players from Texas back then. Probably not a huge number which was my point to begin with. You win with high retention. You don't get high retention by getting most of your players from 900 miles away in warm climates go to places like Laramie or Fargo.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Of course there were players from Texas back then. Probably not a huge number which was my point to begin with. You win with high retention. You don't get high retention by getting most of your players from 900 miles away in warm climates go to places like Laramie or Fargo.
    I'm not sure you realize that Wyo is in a horrible recruiting area.

They need to hit Texas, AZ and CA. If they don't do well in those areas they are screwed.

so let me get this straight the guy who brings 3 NC and recruits what might go down as the two best classes ever moves to LW and instantly becomes a dumb ass?????

I get your point bot, but CB is no dummy!

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    so let me get this straight the guy who brings 3 NC and recruits what might go down as the two best classes ever moves to LW and instantly becomes a dumb ass?????

I get your point bot, but CB is no dummy!
    Really? Herdbot thinks he was wrong to leave NDSU to make 5x the salary. You mean that isn't dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Really? Herdbot thinks he was wrong to leave NDSU to make 5x the salary. You mean that isn't dumb?
    Patrick Reusse said if he stayed with NDSU he would probably be getting a 4 peat (and would be a red hot candidate) and would be the next Kansas head coach but after this year he doesn't think anyone would want him. I disagree with Reusse but he has a point

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Well the Nebraska job is open. Did Bohl jump too soon?
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Bohl f**ked up!

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Bohl f**ked up!
    He never would have gotten that job. Kansas was realistic.