Page 98 of 169 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Didn't Bohl sign a large extension the year he left? Don't think him laying out a "long term" plan for Wyoming is going to mean anything. The scenario is going to be similar though in he'll likely have Wyoming in a late date bowl game but someone is going to want to get him started right away....
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    Exactly why I made my post. Like history repeating itself, then people wanted to crucify him and forget all the good he did. Yes, he clearly made mistakes in how he handled it, but it was going to be a weird situation no matter what so I never understood the ill will.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Exactly why I made my post. Like history repeating itself, then people wanted to crucify him and forget all the good he did. Yes, he clearly made mistakes in how he handled it, but it was going to be a weird situation no matter what so I never understood the ill will.
    I don't believe many were upset over the leaving. People were upset over how he left.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    I don't believe many were upset over the leaving. People were upset over how he left.
    Go back and read the night he took the job; PLENTY of ill will.

Go back and read the night he took the job; PLENTY of ill will.
    I don't need to, I read it while it was happening. I don't think judging people's immediate reaction is a fair assessment of ill will. There were incredibly high hopes with that team and there was concern that the news would derail #3. There was surprise and shock and anger that everyone found out from a Wyoming reporter as opposed to Bohl. Most certainly there was anger that players found out via twitter than from the team.

My statement still stands. It was the circumstances and not the decision that created the animosity.

I don't need to, I read it while it was happening. I don't think judging people's immediate reaction is a fair assessment of ill will. There were incredibly high hopes with that team and there was concern that the news would derail #3. There was surprise and shock and anger that everyone found out from a Wyoming reporter as opposed to Bohl. Most certainly there was anger that players found out via twitter than from the team.

My statement still stands. It was the circumstances and not the decision that created the animosity.
    I people ground the ax from that day until he was gone.

I people ground the ax from that day until he was gone.
    Whatever. You are dead wrong but I'm not arguing with you anymore.

Whatever. You are dead wrong but I'm not arguing with you anymore.
    Even if I agreed with you, I would still like to know why you want to forget all the good he did, then just carry a grudge about the bad. It is clear mistakes were made, but I know NDSU would not be where it is without him, Chapman, and Taylor.

Even if I agreed with you, I would still like to know why you want to forget all the good he did, then just carry a grudge about the bad. It is clear mistakes were made, but I know NDSU would not be where it is without him, Chapman, and Taylor.
    Where have I ever indicated that I forgot the good? I said that some were upset over the circumstances of him leaving not his decision. Some carry a grudge, others do not. I have no grudge. My thoughts on the guy? He was an incredible coach for NDSU. He is a human with human faults and therefore no saint. He bungled his departure quite a bit. Some of it was under his control, some not. So in summary, he did great things for the program and I am forever thankful for that. But I am not a "let's raise a statue for a living person" type (for anyone) so I'm not going to ignore his faults and only remember the good.

Also, over the years it is quite clear that you don't know me or understand me. I would appreciate it if you refrain from putting words in my mouth.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    During my time in wrestling, I've been to countless high schools across the nation. Warren Central is one of the most impressive I had the opportunity to work at. We (USAW) have a pretty big event (Schoolboy/girl National Duals) there every year. The school has a pretty good list of former athletes making it to the NFL, most notably Jeff George. However, the person we Bison fans might be most familiar with is former Indiana State RB, Shakir Bell.
    We have several similarly impressive facilities around the city. They are one of the mega schools with 4000+ students. The district I live in split into 2 schools several years ago and both are about 2400 students. My oldest son is involved in swimming, and I'm impressed by all the very nice pools around the area. Jeff George graduated the same year as my wife, and his son played there a couple years ago. He's now a redshirt freshman at Illinois and started a couple games this year. They have 8-10 D1 recruits every year including this year. Another well known alumnus is Jason Whitlock, the sportswriter who has appeared on several ESPN shows. He played with Jeff George in the 80s.

If Bohl was having another 2 win season would the Wyoming side live up to their end of a long-term commitment? Sounded from an interview with Vigen on Kolpack and Izzo that time may have been getting short prior to the wins this year.