Page 34 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

The people on our staff that recruited Texas left. Now we are into Florida.

As a football program you need to have presence in states like Florida, Texas and California. Just too much talent not to.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post

As a football program you need to have presence in states like Florida, Texas and California. Just too much talent not to.
    I couldn't disagree with you more...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I couldn't disagree with you more...
    Why limit your talent base? Why stay out of the most talent rich states?

Not saying a team needs to be in all three but you need to be in at least one. We are pulling good talent out of Florida. We also got some good players from Texas that played a key role in our first title run.

If Bohl can't supplement his recruiting with Texas or CA players....he won't win. At Wyo his regional recruiting areas are even worse than they were at NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post

A small presence yes but not a huge one. Need to get plan b skilled guys who are quality if we don't snag our top targets in the traditional footprint. Just not enough guys in the midwest. Bottom line is we have to recruit the midwest exceptionally well. Even if the guys in warm weather places are better athletes, the odds of them leaving are much greater. If every southern guy was as good as Chris Board and Tre Dempsey I would be pretty darn happy

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    A small presence yes but not a huge one. Need to get plan b skilled guys who are quality if we don't snag our top targets in the traditional footprint. Just not enough guys in the midwest. Bottom line is we have to recruit the midwest exceptionally well. Even if the guys in warm weather places are better athletes, the odds of them leaving are much greater. If every southern guy was as good as Chris Board and Tre Dempsey I would be pretty darn happy
    Hey dipstick we are talking about fricking Wyoming

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Hey dipstick we are talking about fricking Wyoming
    I was responding to a comment that you need t ok stick to your near by recruiting footprint. That's what Bohl did at ndsu and that's what he will do in Wyoming. Damn dude can you go choke on a cock or something?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I was responding to a comment that you need t ok stick to your near by recruiting footprint. That's what Bohl did at ndsu and that's what he will do in Wyoming. Damn dude can you go choke on a cock or something?
    I seem to remember a number of studs from Texas ... On a recent national championship team.... You spout your opinions as though they are facts it's just shit you have dreamed up in your moms basement

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I seem to remember a number of studs from Texas ... On a recent national championship team.... You spout your opinions as though they are facts it's just shit you have dreamed up in your moms basement
    If you want facts, here you go. I had to go back a little further on Texas since we haven't recruited there in a while.

Impact players from Texas (2)
    DJ and Warren.

Players who stayed and contributed either in a backup role, starter, or special teams. (3)
    Nate Agebatola
    Courtney Mitchell
    Gary Williams.

Texas Players Who Left The Team (8)
    Kevin Weeden
    Jordan Osborne, S, 6'0, 185, The Woodlands High School (The Woodlands, TX)
    Melvin Thomas Houston, TX 6'1 170
    Wesley Hudson, 5-10, 180, Katy, TX, ATH
    Josh Hazley Sugar Land, TX
    Michael Sigers, 5'9, 170, Houston (Forest Brook), TX **great talent not not when you leave the team**
    Jamar Champ
    Justin Cash

By my count we had 13 texas guys. Of the 13 only 5 remained with team. (38%) Only 2 of the 13 were impact players (15%)

But it's not just Texas, its places that are far away in general. Arizona has been even less successful than Texas.

Michigan
    (hope Blake Williams turns into a stud but we're still at 0% if he doesn't pan out)
    Kevin Jackson
    Bobby Miller
    Carlin Laningham

Arizona
    (Champion and Farnloff remains on the team) (2 out of 7 = 28%)
    Michael Allen, 5-10, 170, Chandler (Hamilton), AZ, ATH *never showed up*
    Danell Miles *never showed up*
    Chuks Ameachi *kicked off team*
    Marcus Brantley *kicked off team*
    Ryan Stanford *left team*

Califormia
    (Longsnapper Michael Murphy)

Nicalaus Powell-Calhoun
    Jose Moehler

Now check out midwest recruits

NEBRASKA (8 out of 9) (doesn't include last year with RJ and Stick)

Stayed: Bruhn, Dudzik, Emmanual, Hinz, Bo Liekus, McGinnis, Wrice, DeLuca
    Left: Sam Hahn

WISCONSIN (13 out of 16 = 81%) Didn't include schaetz
    Stayed: Rickey Hagen, Ollman, Juckem (injury), Lang, Colvin, Heagle, Albers, Morgan, Hahn, Brad Ambrosius, Tanguay, Gates, Jensen
    Left: Greg Reid, Horvath, Jacobson,

ILLINOIS (57% so far not counting last year) If you go back further the number improves with guys like Drago, Mays, Walker, Fairbairn)
    Stayed: Ojuri, LeCompte, Dee Gray, Pierre Gee Tucker
    Left: Don Carter, Scoliere, Lisenby

Not enough info...

Kansas (Cole Davis, Plank, and Warren remain) 3 out of 7 = 42%

DeShawn Dinwidde
    Deveon Dinwiddie (heck those guys didn't even stick around despite being brothers)
    Jacob Davis
    Derek Lee

IOWA
    Not enough info
    Bonnet stayed. Grimm left. Pomerenke was an injury casualty.

Seems like Florida has been a decent place to recruit so far. Board. Tre Dempsey. Shamen Washington. We got Brenden Pierre.
    Cenescar, Ware, and Wimbush seem promising. Not many guys left. Curious why

Unless I'm mis-reading, you also missed Matt Jones (Ryan Stanford's teammate) from AZ. Don't think it was his fault, though, I think he had injury (concussion?) problems...

disclaimer: I'm not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with your opinions...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Unless I'm mis-reading, you also missed Matt Jones (Ryan Stanford's teammate) from AZ. Don't think it was his fault, though, I think he had injury (concussion?) problems...

disclaimer: I'm not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with your opinions...
    Didn't want to count Jones with injuries. Same with guys like Hank Jacobs and a few others.

I guess my point is we develop athletes and a big part of what we do is "those who stay will be champions."

I think culturally it's safer to target kids from the midwest. A kid from Texas will experience a major culture shock in weather going from Texas to North Dakota. You don't see thst as much with kids from Nebraska, Wisconsin, or even Illinois. California to North Dakota is a different planet. I dont think we can ever make a pipeline from Texas. There are probably better athletes but to get a guy like DJ or Holloway, you need to increase the number of a Texas kids. Meanwhile we could be missing out on safer hidden gems like Emmanuel, Dudzik, Jensen, or Heagle. With the needed depth I think it's a safer route to get mostly midwest kids. Sometimes there isn't enough talent so you can target the southern kids but it cant be a primary source of athletes. Thats what lead to a 3-8 and 6-5 season. We got these so called studs while sdsu was winning many battles in our main recruiting area. Our attrition was through the roof while sdsu was super low. Is anyone concerned we don't have much activity in Nebraska?