Page 28 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

Talking Bohl/ WY football on kfgo. Worth a listen to...

http://kfgo.com/podcasts/mike-mcfeel...atrick-reusse/
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Talking Bohl/ WY football on kfgo. Worth a listen to...

http://kfgo.com/podcasts/mike-mcfeel...atrick-reusse/
    Interesting. I suggest those who told me some nasty rumors take a listen as once again, another "in the know" person saying things are normal.

I will not say anything further as I don't want to spread rumor.

Part of this I found most interesting was Reusse saying Bohl is still hitting MN hard. I think Bohl needs a geography lesson if he thinks that is a good plan. For those who follow recruiting, do we know of anyone NDSU has offered that decided to go to Wyo? I just don't see that a happening when the recruit would actually get more exposure in Fargo.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Part of this I found most interesting was Reusse saying Bohl is still hitting MN hard. I think Bohl needs a geography lesson if he thinks that is a good plan. For those who follow recruiting, do we know of anyone NDSU has offered that decided to go to Wyo? I just don't see that a happening when the recruit would actually get more exposure in Fargo.
    Ry'one Winters from last year's recruiting class. He wasn't a Minnesota kid though.

This was mentioned. Statue of Liberty play

http://thebiglead.com/2014/11/23/boi...ainst-wyoming/
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    Ry'one Winters from last year's recruiting class. He wasn't a Minnesota kid though.
    My question was specific to MN as the geography would be horrible for Bohl to overcome......perhaps he failed geography class?

He is just relying on connections he has built and cultivated for a long time, the problem Bohl has is that his school has little tradition and almost zero exposure here. All they have is the FBS label to sell and you are requiring kids to go to an isolated small town to live that FBS dream. I think Bohl signed up for a job at a coaching graveyard.

I know he likes to make comparisons about here and Wyo but here he was the Boise State of his league, he had the best of the best. At Wyoming he is at the South Dakota of the MWC.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    He is just relying on connections he has built and cultivated for a long time, the problem Bohl has is that his school has little tradition and almost zero exposure here. All they have is the FBS label to sell and you are requiring kids to go to an isolated small town to live that FBS dream. I think Bohl signed up for a job at a coaching graveyard.

I know he likes to make comparisons about here and Wyo but here he was the Boise State of his league, he had the best of the best. At Wyoming he is at the South Dakota of the MWC.
    Spot on.

In a few years, if not already, our "newer" fans (God bless 'em) are going to truly understand that Bohl simply rekindled what was already a long and proud tradition that was temporarily smoldering under dormancy here in Fargo. Don't get me wrong, Bohl did a terrific job in what he did and was definitely the right man at the right time, and I will NEVER take anything away from that and from him, but too often it seemed as though there was this underlying current that "Bohl built this, Bohl built that"... and that always kind of rubbed me. And from a historical view, I felt it was just simply not accurate.

Ultimately, when it comes to football tradition, Laramie is NOT Fargo. If Bohl builds something lasting in Laramie (and I wish him well), he will have definitely "built much of it from not much". Contrast that to Fargo where he did a marvelous job of "refreshing and remodeling a timeless classic"!

Bohl is an idiot if he recruits Minnesota heavily. (snagging a few players isn't' heavily) Math lesson. It's closer to the Mexican border from Laramie than it is to Minneapolis. (I didn't actually check but it's close) The reason NDSU did well with Minnesota kids is it's an easy drive home and that helps with attrition. Bohl has already lost several players from "a long way away" including Daniel Vega. Denver should be the new Minneapolis for Bohl. Lots of talent. Nebraska would be smart. Oklahoma. Boise.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

My question was specific to MN as the geography would be horrible for Bohl to overcome......perhaps he failed geography class?
    cuz there are solid players in Minnesota. No different then us going into Kansas or Illinois