Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: DeHoff resigns

Default Re: DeHoff resigns

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    In all fairness that's more credit to sdsu being really good. They have done amazing things down there. Amy is a great coach and I have so much respect for her...but even if she would come back, let's face it she's almost 60
    If she coaches half as long as joe pa did thatd give her a couple 13 14 years to work with me boy...plenty of time to get that sixth rang pat summit we comin we comin

I am not going back to look for it, but I thought Amy was kind of making the point at the time that she had the pick of the litter when it came to recruiting for D2. D1 was a totally different ballgame requiring exponentially more recruiting time and energy.

She could walk into the best area kid's home and say come play for me and it happened. Those same kids weren't good enough for the next level. She wanted to coach, not recruit. D1 is recruiting first, fundraising second, coaching third. D2 is coaching first, fundraising second, and recruiting third. I think given the next position she took, she wasn't that bothered by the fundraising aspect. I could actually see her pulling an Irv on an area HS. I can't see here wanting to all of a sudden want to recruit.

This program needs a hungry coach willing to put recruiting first and welcoming Amy to practice anytime she wants. The program needs to take a cue from football and honor the tradition by embracing the past while forging new steps forward. The one thing I got from the Lady Bison teams over the past few years was this trying to become its own identity by saying this isn't your dad's Bison WBB program. It was left with no identity. It needs to get back to being a tradition rich program expected to perform at a high level.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I am not going back to look for it, but I thought Amy was kind of making the point at the time that she had the pick of the litter when it came to recruiting for D2. D1 was a totally different ballgame requiring exponentially more recruiting time and energy.

She could walk into the best area kid's home and say come play for me and it happened. Those same kids weren't good enough for the next level. She wanted to coach, not recruit. D1 is recruiting first, fundraising second, coaching third. D2 is coaching first, fundraising second, and recruiting third. I think given the next position she took, she wasn't that bothered by the fundraising aspect. I could actually see her pulling an Irv on an area HS. I can't see here wanting to all of a sudden want to recruit.

This program needs a hungry coach willing to put recruiting first and welcoming Amy to practice anytime she wants. The program needs to take a cue from football and honor the tradition by embracing the past while forging new steps forward. The one thing I got from the Lady Bison teams over the past few years was this trying to become its own identity by saying this isn't your dad's Bison WBB program. It was left with no identity. It needs to get back to being a tradition rich program expected to perform at a high level.

By that logic you have Amy coach and hire an assistant coach as master recruiting guru. Guaranteed formula for success

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Two thirds of that sdsu team who u all thinks so sweets from minnesota and the rest south dakota...anybody can have a couple bad recruiting cycles bohl did and bohl also wasnt all that succesful his first few rounds in a new conference...but them last teams amy had had talent lisa bue brenda that one little 3 shoter from nebraska I dont remember them all but they were pretty good and fun to whatch...I talked to tha old coach at concordia one time who won a national championship there he said the key is u gotta get farm girls lol

By that logic you have Amy coach and hire an assistant coach as master recruiting guru. Guaranteed formula for success
    The only problem with that is there aren't very many out there that just want to recruit. You would have to think if someone is a master recruiter, they would also recruit assistant coaches that help them look good. When great buildings are done being built, who gets the credit? The contractor or the architect?

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    The only problem with that is there aren't very many out there that just want to recruit. You would have to think if someone is a master recruiter, they would also recruit assistant coaches that help them look good. When great buildings are done being built, who gets the credit? The contractor or the architect?

Its basically a sales job and you sell yourself. (twss) There are plenty of good sales people out there. It's not all about x's and o's. It takes someone who can identify that skill set. Obviously it's not Dorns strength given the personality of DeHoff

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Its basically a sales job and you sell yourself. (twss) There are plenty of good sales people out there. It's not all about x's and o's. It takes someone who can identify that skill set. Obviously it's not Dorns strength given the personality of DeHoff
    IMO Dehoff probably did real well in the X_O dept and did well in her interview that showed vision etc. Problem was due to her inexperience and the fact she might not have what it takes to be a head coach she was unable to put a plan in place to match the vision of her interview.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bringing Ruley back to coach would be a big mistake IMO. Look no further than Roger Kish to understand the typeof hire needed. Bucky was great, but he didnt have what it takes at the DI level. The next hire needs to be young and agressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Bringing Ruley back to coach would be a big mistake IMO. Look no further than Roger Kish to understand the typeof hire needed. Bucky was great, but he didnt have what it takes at the DI level. The next hire needs to be young and agressive.
    Don't kid yourself Bucky layed the ground work for Coach Kish. Bucky took them through the tough transition years. Coach Kish has done a great job following up. There is no way Amy is coming back to coach, period. She's at the age where she like what shes doing and want's her summers off. She has nothing to prove.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Don't kid yourself Bucky layed the ground work for Coach Kish. Bucky took them through the tough transition years. Coach Kish has done a great job following up. There is no way Amy is coming back to coach, period. She's at the age where she like what shes doing and want's her summers off. She has nothing to prove.

Chea, remember wrestling was fast tracked for DI eligibility in only 2 years, and IIRC individuals could qualify for nationals in the first year. Not exactly the same "tough" transition years that other sports faced.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved