Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: DeHoff resigns

Default Re: we are going in the wrong direction

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    When was the last time you ever heard anyone say "That was a really good move by Dorn"?
    In the movie "Major League"?
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    In the movie "Major League"?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

At least she wore a good shirt to the press conference

BRING BACK SNORTY

I think Dorn needs to go too. I lost a lot of respect for her yesterday and then looking back, when was the last time she made a good hire. The women's programs are not competitive right now besides maybe softball.

Thank goodness DeHoff is gone. Should have happened years ago. She totally ran the program into the ground.

Now to start over.

Oh ya, Dorn needs to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Thank goodness DeHoff is gone. Should have happened years ago. She totally ran the program into the ground.

Now to start over.

Oh ya, Dorn needs to go to.
    The program was a wreck when Amy stepped away. DeHoff was never able to get anything going and I think its valid to argue that the consistent level of losing has pushed the program to its lowest level in history. What really worries me is finding the right person to turn things around. I remember a lot of people saying that DeHoff said all the right things when she was hired and there was optimism that she could deliver. If it was Lynn Dorn who was the decision maker in that hire and will make the next hire, I hope she learned something.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    The program was a wreck when Amy stepped away. DeHoff was never able to get anything going and I think its valid to argue that the consistent level of losing has pushed the program to its lowest level in history. What really worries me is finding the right person to turn things around. I remember a lot of people saying that DeHoff said all the right things when she was hired and there was optimism that she could deliver. If it was Lynn Dorn who was the decision maker in that hire and will make the next hire, I hope she learned something.

You would think NDSU would be a very attractive job. It will be interesting to see the candidates that apply.

It is sad how the program has fallen. I graduated in 92 and those D2 teams in the late 80s and early 90s would have smoked any team DeHoff has had.

Hopefully Gene has some say in the hire.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan13 View Post
    I think Dorn needs to go too. I lost a lot of respect for her yesterday and then looking back, when was the last time she made a good hire. The women's programs are not competitive right now besides maybe softball.
    I could not agree more. I have yet too see anything from her, that makes me go "It's a good thing she is part of the NDSU athletic Staff." I still dont understand what got her the job in the first place.

I have yet to see a Bisonette comment... she must be partying and dancing in the street somewhere
    Last edited by Loud and Proud Bison fan; 02-21-2014 at 01:22 PM. Reason: grammer

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    I could not agree more. I have yet too see anything from her, that makes me go "It's a good thing she is part of the NDSU athletic Staff." I still dont understand what got her the job in the first place.

I have yet to see a Bisonette comment... she must be partying and dancing in the street somewhere
    Anyone that has knowledge of Bison history and the dominance of the Bison women in the D2 days, not only in basketball but in softball, volleyball, track, etc., knows Dorn's impact on the program. She has been a key part of Bison athletics for the past 30 years. Her star started dimming with the situation surrounding Hinterstocker's resignation from the volleyball coaching position. That was a wtf moment where I think a lot of Bison fans thought Dorn could have done more to keep him at NDSU. Then there were the comments made to a member of the men's track team that were brought up as a grievance. Her actions have been viewed with suspect ever since then.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

First off, I would consider Bisonville as social media. It's a social message board. And it's online media.

Second, if NDSU athletics leadership Dehoff and Dorn are indeed referring to Bisonville, then it moves Bisonville from a social media platform to a kind of NDSU athletics lobby group. Interesting implications there, Tony.

I had some other points to make as well but I forgot them.