Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Weber State on September 6th Completes 2014 Schedule

Default Re: Weber State on September 6th Completes 2014 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    ^^^ This right here (Northern Colorado though?)
    Northern Colorado was a member of the Great West conference with us...Since they moved to the BSC, they haven't played NDSU.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Northern Colorado was a member of the Great West conference with us...Since they moved to the BSC, they haven't played NDSU.

technicalities, technicalities.

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I have a soft spot for Weber State because they were the only Big Sky team other than Montana State to schedule NDSU in our first decade of DI (and, unlike Montana State, they didn't back out the return trip.)
    While I agree with you about Weber State, don't let that soft spot become too soft (or hard with hatred towards the rest of the Big Sky). I never heard that any Big Sky Conference team refused to schedule us during our Great West Conference days. It could have been possible that no other teams offered us the opportunity to play them.

It also could be possible that Gene Taylor turned down opportunities to play other Big Sky teams. I remember that during the Great West days, Bohl and the staff was intent on recruiting Texas and the surrounding areas. I believed this played a major role in the home and home contracts that we scheduled at that time. We had home and homes with Sam Houston and Stephen F. Austin in Texas, along with Nicholls State and Northwestern State in Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUKurt View Post
    While I agree with you about Weber State, don't let that soft spot become too soft (or hard with hatred towards the rest of the Big Sky). I never heard that any Big Sky Conference team refused to schedule us during our Great West Conference days. It could have been possible that no other teams offered us the opportunity to play them.

It also could be possible that Gene Taylor turned down opportunities to play other Big Sky teams. I remember that during the Great West days, Bohl and the staff was intent on recruiting Texas and the surrounding areas. I believed this played a major role in the home and home contracts that we scheduled at that time. We had home and homes with Sam Houston and Stephen F. Austin in Texas, along with Nicholls State and Northwestern State in Louisiana.

the southland had a small number of trams back then which lead to them needing a lot of ooc games. Worked out well for both sides, except on the scoreboard.

certainly the Texas recruiting angle was a factor as well.

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.