Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rules Lesson

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Rules Lesson

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    Baseball is the worst for rules knowledge. There are lots of pieces that everyone knows, but there are so many little pieces that are different between levels, and from HS ball to Summer ball and between Legion/Babe Ruth.
    I definitely agree with that. With the exception of some additional rules added by youth leagues (i.e. stripers, lining up in the gap), we only deal with HS, college, and pro and most of us only deal with HS. I believe basketball is similar, although I'm not sure what AAU follows. Baseball has several different rule sets for HS and below. Cal Ripken baseball has their own rules too correct?

Default Re: Rules Lesson

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I definitely agree with that. With the exception of some additional rules added by youth leagues (i.e. stripers, lining up in the gap), we only deal with HS, college, and pro and most of us only deal with HS. I believe basketball is similar, although I'm not sure what AAU follows. Baseball has several different rule sets for HS and below. Cal Ripken baseball has their own rules too correct?
    Football is the easiest because there is Friday rules, Saturday rules and Sunday rules. BBall, there is HS, NCAA mens, NCAA womens, FIBA, NBA. Baseball is by far the worst, Cal Ripken, Babe Ruth, SR Babe Ruth, HS, Legion(some form of NL/AL), College, Minor League, AL, and NL. And all the variotions that come with those.