Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Amy Anderson - LPGA Tour

Default Re: Amy Anderson - LPGA Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    How many tourneys left? If Gulbis doesn't pass her this weekend does Amy get the exemption? Or will she by riding the razor's edge for a few more weeks?

I don't suppose there's anyone in the top-79 that is retiring this year or have announced she's not coming back for some reason?
    6 events left counting this weekend's tournament.

4 in Asia with similar field sizes to this and the prior few weeks. Last week I think there were 4 or 5 players who played who were outside the top 80, this week just one, but there will be bullets to dodge until the end of the Asia swing.

The next to last event is the Ochoa Invitational in Mexico, it's only 36 players and 31 of them are determined by the world rankings and the money list plus 5 sponser invitations, so not much risk there, though if Gulbis is playing on sponser invites in Asia at the moment and there could be someone in Ochoa's circle who's on the bubble I suppose, though I wouldn't know who.

The last event is the Tour Championship and that's just the top 72 on points plus any event winner from 2014 not otherwise qualified, so all of those players should be inside the top 80 on the money list already.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Amy spoke at Teammakers today. She is done for the season and plans on spending a couple of months in Fargo.

Whatever the criteria is, she is in for 2015.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Amy spoke at Teammakers today. She is done for the season and plans on spending a couple of months in Fargo.

Whatever the criteria is, she is in for 2015.
    Great! Thanks for the update.

I went back and looked. If the criteria are the same as last season as long as she's in the top 100, which she will be, she'll have more priority than she started the year with last year. I was confused about the order of the priority categories and thinking if she dropped out of the top 80 she'd go back to Q-school. If you're 101 or lower it makes sense to play Q-school in December because if you finish in the top 20 there you'd end up with more priority.

If she happens to stay 80th on the money list that would keep her ahead of the top 10 from Symetra Tour money list and keep her in front of any players moving up based on the two mid-season reshuffles; So that bears monitoring, but she's played herself into a better position than where she started her rookie campaign.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 10-16-2014 at 10:25 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie