Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
How many tourneys left? If Gulbis doesn't pass her this weekend does Amy get the exemption? Or will she by riding the razor's edge for a few more weeks?

I don't suppose there's anyone in the top-79 that is retiring this year or have announced she's not coming back for some reason?
6 events left counting this weekend's tournament.

4 in Asia with similar field sizes to this and the prior few weeks. Last week I think there were 4 or 5 players who played who were outside the top 80, this week just one, but there will be bullets to dodge until the end of the Asia swing.

The next to last event is the Ochoa Invitational in Mexico, it's only 36 players and 31 of them are determined by the world rankings and the money list plus 5 sponser invitations, so not much risk there, though if Gulbis is playing on sponser invites in Asia at the moment and there could be someone in Ochoa's circle who's on the bubble I suppose, though I wouldn't know who.

The last event is the Tour Championship and that's just the top 72 on points plus any event winner from 2014 not otherwise qualified, so all of those players should be inside the top 80 on the money list already.