Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome Expansion discusssion

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fargodome Expansion discusssion

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Just curious what everyone's thoughts are. There are two ways to look at this. What's good for Ndsu and the football program and what's good for the city. I guess I don't really see how permanently losing space on campus to a convention center is a good thing. It permanently ends the discussion of expanding the dome and could end up hurting the program long term. As far as the city is concerned, putting it downtown would be nice but the logistics of having it at the dome makes so much more sense. The obvious answer, to me as a fan and alumni, is to rebuild/expand seating/ add a convention center to the dome so it will work for all parties for another 30 years.
    I was under the impression the dome seating capacity could not be expanded. Maybe I'm wrong. There has been some talk about filling in the corners with seating.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    First and foremost, that thing should have been built downtown, bottom line.
    This we can agree on. Hockey downtown would would be a real night out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    I was under the impression the dome seating capacity could not be expanded. Maybe I'm wrong. There has been some talk about filling in the corners with seating.
    Corner seating unlikely. I wish they would include south corner seating as part of the expansion project. At least get a quote. Its truly the only time we will have an opportunity to do it as part of a package deal. Voters would be more likely to approve a plan that includes both corner seating and a new convention center.

Adding substantial seats would involve raising the roof and would cost a shit load. I don't think the convention center would impact any expansion since its connected to the dome, not part of the main structure.

We would have to build a new indoor stadium anyway. Its probably a 1 year project to remove the roof. Where would we play? Dacotah Field

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Corner seating unlikely. I wish they would include south corner seating as part of the expansion project. At least get a quote. Its truly the only time we will have an opportunity to do it as part of a package deal. Voters would be more likely to approve a plan that includes both corner seating and a new convention center.

Adding substantial seats would involve raising the roof and would cost a shit load. I don't think the convention center would impact any expansion since its connected to the dome, not part of the main structure.

We would have to build a new indoor stadium anyway. Its probably a 1 year project to remove the roof. Where would we play? Dacotah Field
    Does anyone know how many seats could be added if the four corners were filled in? I believe I heard a figure at one time and it wasn't a lot. Gabe to your point, haven't they always said raising the roof and expanding capacity is just cost prohibitive? Obviously it can be done from an engineering standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    Does anyone know how many seats could be added if the four corners were filled in? I believe I heard a figure at one time and it wasn't a lot. Gabe to your point, haven't they always said raising the roof and expanding capacity is just cost prohibitive? Obviously it can be done from an engineering standpoint.
    Can it? Would you sit in that upper deck if it were to be built? The stairs now are steep enough. I can't imagine the angle needed to view the field if they added an upper deck.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Can it? Would you sit in that upper deck if it were to be built? The stairs now are steep enough. I can't imagine the angle needed to view the field if they added an upper deck.
    You are right. My seats are way up top. It sucks climbing those stairs. That's basically my point. The dome is as big as it's ever going to be except maybe corners

Are we back to my ferris wheels in the corners idea

It would be really cool if someone could devise technology that would capture and transmit audio and video from the Dome to another location. Better yet would be if the technology were low cost enough to 'watch' the game at home.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    It would have to be like a Lambeau Field renovation. (PL said he heard it)
    I would imagine you would go up to a 2nd level and down to your seats. Who knows. Just build a new dome. It will cost a small fortune but all stadiums do. It would make Fargo Moorhead an entertainment destination and we would never miss out on any concerts. Some days we would have a pop concert like Katy Perry in one dome and a rock concert in the other plus a trade show in the convention center

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Just curious what everyone's thoughts are. There are two ways to look at this. What's good for Ndsu and the football program and what's good for the city. I guess I don't really see how permanently losing space on campus to a convention center is a good thing. It permanently ends the discussion of expanding the dome and could end up hurting the program long term. As far as the city is concerned, putting it downtown would be nice but the logistics of having it at the dome makes so much more sense. The obvious answer, to me as a fan and alumni, is to rebuild/expand seating/ add a convention center to the dome so it will work for all parties for another 30 years.
    Just to be clear the "large" seating expansion at the Fargodome is likely not to happen so the convention center isn't going to affect that in that it will be affecting nothing. Unless some method of construction allows us to defy gravity there is no clearance for expansion anywhere except Gabe's corners, could be done but don't think people will be happy with those seats by any stretch of imagination, and still have to resolve fire codes.