Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome Expansion discusssion

Default Re: Fargodome Expansion discusssion

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    A one cent sales tax is overkill for this project. I wonder who suggested that? It would generate over $20 million per year.
    I think I heard correctly on KFGO. Pretty sure the story said 1 cent. If not, my apologies. On the other hand, I don't trust consultants when it comes to financing plans.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    LOL, why wouldn't it have the same draw? What's your reasoning for that statement? Have you never been to ANY other city? They have convention centers downtown and do just fine...or am I missing the point?

The dome is at a competitive disadvantage because it's HUGE compared to the Alerus...too big for MOST acts. However, they are running a profit. When is the last time the Alerus turned one?
    The Alerus is 10X the Convention facility the Fargodome is. No comparison. The new development going in that area is incredible.

Just hope they have a plan for parking. The civic center in Bismarck has been added on to many times over the years, to the point that they have eaten up almost all of their available parking, forcing civic center patrons to use surrounding business parking lots. Judging from the business places sign's surrounding the civic center, I'm sure it doesn't sit too well with the surrounding business.

I suppose they could build a parking ramp?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I think I heard correctly on KFGO. Pretty sure the story said 1 cent. If not, my apologies. On the other hand, I don't trust consultants when it comes to financing plans.
    I heard 1 cent on travel related sales (hotel, restaurants, & car rentals).

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    I heard 1 cent on travel related sales (hotel, restaurants, & car rentals).
    this here listening skills everyone

chuckles is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For those of you voicing your negative opinion on the current Fargodome, have you ever been to another stadium in the Valley, or FCS in that matter. The Fargodome is heaven after you've been to McComb, Terre Haute, Normal, or SoDak. There is a reason some of these writers are so positive about the dome and rank it as the best in the FCS. Some of these places don't know what a video board is. We are VERY fortunate!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckles View Post
    For those of you voicing your negative opinion on the current Fargodome, have you ever been to another stadium in the Valley, or FCS in that matter. The Fargodome is heaven after you've been to McComb, Terre Haute, Normal, or SoDak. There is a reason some of these writers are so positive about the dome and rank it as the best in the FCS. Some of these places don't know what a video board is. We are VERY fortunate!
    Sure but we can do better.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Completely agree. Except for the red seats and a few things that will be updated. Why do some say it's obsolete? Anyone been to the unidome? The alerus has great meeting and convention facilities but the stadium part sucks.

NDSU receives countless calls from other institutions asking how we operate from tickets sales to tailgating etc so they can also be successful.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."