Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome Expansion discusssion

Default Re: Fargodome Expansion discusssion

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    Downtown is nice. Bars and eateries are great. Unique shopping. However, a convention center located down there will not have the same draw as one at the dome. Just my opinion. The dome is at a serious competitive disadvantage with the alerus right now. And yes, it would benefit the school.
    LOL, why wouldn't it have the same draw? What's your reasoning for that statement? Have you never been to ANY other city? They have convention centers downtown and do just fine...or am I missing the point?

The dome is at a competitive disadvantage because it's HUGE compared to the Alerus...too big for MOST acts. However, they are running a profit. When is the last time the Alerus turned one?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

I don't want anything more done to the FD. It was outdated the day it was built. It'll just make getting a new stadium in 10 years harder. Put the money towards a new building. Putting lipstick on a pig is still a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I don't want anything more done to the FD. It was outdated the day it was built. It'll just make getting a new stadium in 10 years harder. Put the money towards a new building. Putting lipstick on a pig is still a pig!
    Yes we need plans for a stadium upgrade but no matter what happens on that front, the dome is used something like 300+ days per year and is one of the few buildings of it's size that actually earns an operating profit. It's been and still is a great building. They just made it too small but how often do we need more than 25K for a concert.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Yes we need plans for a stadium upgrade but no matter what happens on that front, the dome is used something like 300+ days per year and is one of the few buildings of it's size that actually earns an operating profit. It's been and still is a great building. They just made it too small but how often do we need more than 25K for a concert.
    That may be true but why spend millions retrofitting a 20 year old building that isn't up to code? I mean look at the bathroom situation it's become a joke!

Maybe time to build new stadium with convention center attached. ??? Just get it done. Fargo could deed FFD to NDSU and walla, indoor facility for several sports.

Hey, WTH--> think big or move to Forks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    That may be true but why spend millions retrofitting a 20 year old building that isn't up to code? I mean look at the bathroom situation it's become a joke!
    For football maybe but for general use it makes sense. Even if we were to build a new dome for football it would need convention space in addition to the main arena.

And the Fargodkme isn't like the Metrodome. Its brick and will outlive all of us

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Adding on to the dome makes sense money wise but it will gobble up parking that has come in short supply during Football games. Parking downtown sucks at best.

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    LOL, why wouldn't it have the same draw? What's your reasoning for that statement? Have you never been to ANY other city? They have convention centers downtown and do just fine...or am I missing the point?

The dome is at a competitive disadvantage because it's HUGE compared to the Alerus...too big for MOST acts. However, they are running a profit. When is the last time the Alerus turned one?
    The dome is at a disadvantage because it has no convention and meeting facilities. Have you seen the alerus facilities? I'm not talking about certain trade shows, concerts etc. as far as draw goes, the airport is there and it is much much more accessible. Downtown is not convenient to many in the city and region. There are certain events that would never consider going down there. You want an example? You can write off anything ag related. Also, you posted earlier how great the downtown campus is. Do a survey of student opinion and then tell me how great it is. My whole intent was to say what's good for the dome is good for the university. I had no intention of getting into a city politics debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    The dome is at a disadvantage because it has no convention and meeting facilities. Have you seen the alerus facilities? I'm not talking about certain trade shows, concerts etc. as far as draw goes, the airport is there and it is much much more accessible. Downtown is not convenient to many in the city and region. There are certain events that would never consider going down there. You want an example? You can write off anything ag related. Also, you posted earlier how great the downtown campus is. Do a survey of student opinion and then tell me how great it is. My whole intent was to say what's good for the dome is good for the university. I had no intention of getting into a city politics debate.
    Accessibility, parking, hotels and convenience are huge when determining conventions and trade shows. Ive been to some trade shows at downtown venues as a vendor and a customer and it really sucks. If you want trendy its not far to get to downtown or 13th ave areas.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Still wondering why there always has to be a new thread started about this and put in the football section. Has nothing to do with football.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN