Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome Expansion discusssion

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fargodome Expansion discusssion

Fargo residents please voice concerns with your elected officials. The mayor and commissioners are in love with downtown. Doug burgum and his kilbourne group are pushing hard to have it down there. This project could greatly benefit the university. This downtown thing has been overdone already. We moved part of the college there for god'sake

For those of you not familiar with the plan, here it is http://legacy.inforum.com/pdfs/20130201163913051.pdf
    Here's the original news story. http://www.prairiebizmag.com/event/article/id/13550/
    Then Doug Burgrum wanted to take the money and do something downtown.

Duh it was quite obvious to everyone on this board who speculated that it would be cheaper to add on to the dome.

I won't support a 1 cent tax increase unless they also look at upgrading the inside of the dome. That's what the money is for and it's long overdue for some upgrades. They will need to be done sooner or later. Heck the turf and lighting was a decade too late!

1) Needs a technology upgrade big time. Those ghetto tube TV's are an embarrresment
    2) Video boards need to go to LED. What we have is ok but it's really kind of a dinosaur and in a few years they will be as silly as the tube tv's.
    3) Other stadium lighting. (stip lights that they have on most new stadiums)
    4) Public wi-fi. Serious you can't use your cell phone in the dome. Wi-Fi would be awesome
    5) Small concourse on the west side to keep heat in the dome. It's just too darn cold in the winter
    6) Replace the red seats. They are falling apart.
    7) Small parking ramp or a plan (sorry but the dome lot is packed on game day and there is no way to spin the fact this will hurt parking)
    8) Corner seating (just kidding, or am I?)

If they can take care of some of the other upgrades and ensure they do the skywalk, I would support the tax. Otherwise I would vote no. The additional space will make us more competitive with Grand Forks and Sioux Falls. While it doesn't benefit NDSU, I think it will make the overall area look more impressive. It will be neat having a sky bar looking down on the field and the building will certainly look more impressive having the south addition. But I think the key benefit for NDSU is having the sky walk. It is a neat deal for players to walk from the dome to the SHAC, especially when it's in the dead of the winter. It really ties everything together.

And PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... no gaudy ugly ass giant FARGODOME SIGN on the front of the new building! That is the ugliest logo anwhere. Less is more!!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I think a downtown facility would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    Fargo residents please voice concerns with your elected officials. The mayor and commissioners are in love with downtown. Doug burgum and his kilbourne group are pushing hard to have it down there. This project could greatly benefit the university. This downtown thing has been overdone already. We moved part of the college there for god'sake
    Have you been down there lately? It's working. Fargo is trendy as f*ck right now. The downtown campus has been a great addition IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Agreed. It's annoying going up to the dome for anything...there is NOTHING around there.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    For those of you not familiar with the plan, here it is http://legacy.inforum.com/pdfs/20130201163913051.pdf
    Here's the original news story. http://www.prairiebizmag.com/event/article/id/13550/
    Then Doug Burgrum wanted to take the money and do something downtown.

Duh it was quite obvious to everyone on this board who speculated that it would be cheaper to add on to the dome.

I won't support a 1 cent tax increase unless they also look at upgrading the inside of the dome. That's what the money is for and it's long overdue for some upgrades. They will need to be done sooner or later. Heck the turf and lighting was a decade too late!

1) Needs a technology upgrade big time. Those ghetto tube TV's are an embarrresment
    2) Video boards need to go to LED. What we have is ok but it's really kind of a dinosaur and in a few years they will be as silly as the tube tv's.
    3) Other stadium lighting. (stip lights that they have on most new stadiums)
    4) Public wi-fi. Serious you can't use your cell phone in the dome. Wi-Fi would be awesome
    5) Small concourse on the west side to keep heat in the dome. It's just too darn cold in the winter
    6) Replace the red seats. They are falling apart.
    7) Small parking ramp (sorry but the dome lot is packed on game day and there is no way to spin the fact this will hurt parking)
    8) Corner seating (just kidding, or am I?)

If they can take care of some of the other upgrades and ensure they do the skywalk, I would support the tax. Otherwise I would vote no. The additional space will make us more competitive with Grand Forks and Sioux Falls. While it doesn't benefit NDSU, I think it will make the overall area look more impressive. It will be neat having a sky bar looking down on the field and the building will certainly look more impressive having the south addition. But I think the key benefit for NDSU is having the sky walk. It is a neat deal for players to walk from the dome to the SHAC, especially when it's in the dead of the winter. It really ties everything together.

And PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... no gaudy ugly ass giant FARGODOME SIGN on the front of the new building! That is the ugliest logo anwhere. Less is more!!
    The Fargodome expansion is all about revenue generation. All of your ideas 1-8 doesnt bring in one dollar.
    Common sense leans toward the expansion. Downtown wants the business. Its a tug of war.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Downtown is nice. Bars and eateries are great. Unique shopping. However, a convention center located down there will not have the same draw as one at the dome. Just my opinion. The dome is at a serious competitive disadvantage with the alerus right now. And yes, it would benefit the school.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The Fargodome expansion is all about revenue generation. All of your ideas 1-8 doesnt bring in one dollar.
    Common sense leans toward the expansion. Downtown wants the business. Its a tug of war.
    Yes but the money they want to tap into is for maintaining the building. It needs to be maintained. Those red seats are literally falling apart. Not everything is about revenue. There wasn't a benefit for the lights or turf but they did it because they had been blowing it off. The digital signage could be used to sell advertisments. All I know is the inside is starting to look slum lord esque in some areas.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

A one cent sales tax is overkill for this project. I wonder who suggested that? It would generate over $20 million per year.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    A one cent sales tax is overkill for this project. I wonder who suggested that? It would generate over $20 million per year.
    Yeah they could probably do it for 2 years and do all the other upgrades I mentioned. Shit 40 million for 2 years plus half the extra cash they have is what... 55 million?

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    They should do both. Remodel and expand the civic center as part of the city hall expansion and make it actually useful this time.