Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Fargodome Expansion discusssion

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fargodome Expansion discusssion

Looking good Billy Ray!

It's probably for the lame metal detectors that are going in. They have to widen the doors.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I'm submitting a napkin or two.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It's probably for the lame metal detectors that are going in. They have to widen the doors.
    Because the F'hawkers are coming to town every other year?
    It's OK to not be OK.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Because the F'hawkers are coming to town every other year?
    I hate this thread....

Just posted this in the Fargodome Upgrades thread... don't know where it fits better..R

http://kfgo.com/podcasts/it-takes-2/...the-fargodome/

Executive Director of the Fargodome authority on KFGO talking about what upgrades they are hoping to get done.

Listen for yourselves but if I remember correctly he said a few of the following:
    Remove the endzone press boxes, replace with regular stadium seats.
    West side update- Larger renovated concourse, comes with bathrooms etc for Press.
    South Side- larger renovated concourse, with new and/or expanded locker rooms
    East side- try and get some club seats "with a view of the field"
    North side: "hopefully renovate the concourse their too"
    Larger convention space on south side- sounds like the "grand hall would be 30-50k sq ft
    (this part I couldn't decipher) he said "an additional 80-100k sq ft meeting space. I'm not sure if this is in addition to the 30-50k exhibition space, or if that is all the support space need to have the exhibition space in the first place.
    He also said this space would CONNECT the BSA to the Fargodome "three connected, climate controlled facilities". He never mentioned a skyway- which leads me to believe that they literally might all be one massive AF building.

He said the full convention space would be financed through motel/hotel and maybe even a restaurant tax if I remember correctly. The larger exhibition hall seemed to be a fargodome expense from what I could tell
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

I am pretty sure convention space and exhibit hall space are talking about the same thing.

If a connection to the SHAC would ever happen, it would be with a skyway IMO. No way would they close 17th Ave there.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Just posted this in the Fargodome Upgrades thread... don't know where it fits better..R

http://kfgo.com/podcasts/it-takes-2/...the-fargodome/

Executive Director of the Fargodome authority on KFGO talking about what upgrades they are hoping to get done.

Listen for yourselves but if I remember correctly he said a few of the following:
    Remove the endzone press boxes, replace with regular stadium seats.
    West side update- Larger renovated concourse, comes with bathrooms etc for Press.
    South Side- larger renovated concourse, with new and/or expanded locker rooms
    East side- try and get some club seats "with a view of the field"
    North side: "hopefully renovate the concourse their too"
    Larger convention space on south side- sounds like the "grand hall would be 30-50k sq ft
    (this part I couldn't decipher) he said "an additional 80-100k sq ft meeting space. I'm not sure if this is in addition to the 30-50k exhibition space, or if that is all the support space need to have the exhibition space in the first place.
    He also said this space would CONNECT the BSA to the Fargodome "three connected, climate controlled facilities". He never mentioned a skyway- which leads me to believe that they literally might all be one massive AF building.

He said the full convention space would be financed through motel/hotel and maybe even a restaurant tax if I remember correctly. The larger exhibition hall seemed to be a fargodome expense from what I could tell
    It's a bad link, here's the correct one http://kfgo.com/podcasts/it-takes-2/...the-fargodome/
    Last edited by HerdBot; 06-15-2018 at 07:33 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com