Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Fargodome Expansion discusssion

Default Re: Fargodome Expansion discusssion

Sure we may be outgrowing the FFD, but these guys have a brand new $60M stadium and they can't even use it.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/02/27/i...tball-stadium/
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Sure we may be outgrowing the FFD, but these guys have a brand new $60M stadium and they can't even use it.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/02/27/i...tball-stadium/
    60 million for crack? Damn!
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by gotts View Post
    60 million for crack? Damn!
    It's a helluva drug.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bar napkin

/thread

Well, I'm definitely being won over to the FargoDome location. Or a downtown project that is completely separate. Or, best of all, a joint project with West Fargo.

Just seems that the FargoDome is being used for two reasons: First to act as a funding mechanism and, second, as a way to do get away from having to go to the people of Fargo for approval. I'm pretty sure that folks can make an informed decision on this (it's not like NDSU is involved which brings out a ton of anti's.)

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    Bar napkin

/thread

not just any bar. Has to be the Turf to be authentic.

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, I'm definitely being won over to the FargoDome location. Or a downtown project that is completely separate. Or, best of all, a joint project with West Fargo.

Just seems that the FargoDome is being used for two reasons: First to act as a funding mechanism and, second, as a way to do get away from having to go to the people of Fargo for approval. I'm pretty sure that folks can make an informed decision on this (it's not like NDSU is involved which brings out a ton of anti's.)
    I think it's clear now to the Commission that any location other than attached to the Fargodome which includes the use of Dome Authority funds without a vote of the people is going to end up in Court.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I think it's clear now to the Commission that any location other than attached to the Fargodome which includes the use of Dome Authority funds without a vote of the people is going to end up in Court.
    As it should. The logic that (paraphrasing here) since NDSU now has a few buildings downtown, they can use the F-Dome reserve fund for a downtown location because it would be adjacent to NDSU property is BS. Fargo Home Rule Charter, Article 3, Section P, #4, states:

Proceeds of a sales and/or use tax...shall be utilized for the construction, maintenance, and operation of a multi-purpose dome facility, and with the concurrence of the Board of City Commissioners, functionally related and subordinate facilities, all to be located on or adjacent to the NDSU campus...

Pretty sure the original intent of this section is being manipulated by the City Commissioners and City Attorney, which is a slap-in-the-face to the voters & taxpayers of Fargo. If you want to build it downtown, fine, build it downtown. But don't insult the general public with this line of reasoning. This is all being done to avoid a vote of the Fargo voters.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    As it should. The logic that (paraphrasing here) since NDSU now has a few buildings downtown, they can use the F-Dome reserve fund for a downtown location because it would be adjacent to NDSU property is BS. Fargo Home Rule Charter, Article 3, Section P, #4, states:

Proceeds of a sales and/or use tax...shall be utilized for the construction, maintenance, and operation of a multi-purpose dome facility, and with the concurrence of the Board of City Commissioners, functionally related and subordinate facilities, all to be located on or adjacent to the NDSU campus...

Pretty sure the original intent of this section is being manipulated by the City Commissioners and City Attorney, which is a slap-in-the-face to the voters & taxpayers of Fargo. If you want to build it downtown, fine, build it downtown. But don't insult the general public with this line of reasoning. This is all being done to avoid a vote of the Fargo voters.
    Was wondering how long it was going to take for this issue to come up. Surprised it took this much time.

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Speaking of city commission going out on a limb by themselves...
    Does it seem strange to anyone else that deciding a destroy a perfectly fine and in use city building (Centennial hall) because it may be easier "whenever plans get finalized to build whatever is coming next" is a very premature? How about wait until there is an approved plan? Unless of course there's another agenda at work behind the scenes.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/428282/