Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome Expansion discusssion

Default Re: Fargodome Expansion discusssion

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Perhaps this is the plan with the Anderson softball complex on 45th St. They are building new fields north of County 20 that should suffice any future growth (however they put it in the wrong direction in my opinion). That's some prime real estate.
    Nope. The developer of that area plans on developing/selling it for commercial purposes.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Exactly. Funny how these discussions always turn into a seating argument about football.

The Fargodome identified weaknesses they have with their facility when it comes to attracting and managing certain events. Let's just agree that the FFD is a GREAT football venue and it handles large concerts and certain Trade Shows very well. OK?

What the FFD can't handle is LARGE Conventions. Not enough meeting space, catering, kitchens, banquet facilities, etc. The Alerus is way better for that and if you haven't been there lately, you have no reason to comment.

The FFD also doesn't do smaller concerts and shows all that well.

The proposal for an addition makes it a true multi-use facility. Just about any event that a City the size of Fargo could attract could be housed in the Fargodome.

That's where Burgum and the "Downtown Baby" people come in and propose building a Convention center down there. Really? Do we really need a "half-assed" band aid approach to the problem? It does nothing to solve the issues identified by the Dome Authority. I think that's a bad idea because doing BOTH is not an option.
    This ^^^^^^

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Perhaps this is the plan with the Anderson softball complex on 45th St. They are building new fields north of County 20 that should suffice any future growth (however they put it in the wrong direction in my opinion). That's some prime real estate.
    Are you referring to the new softball field location? If so have you driven by that piece of land on I-29 say about April 15th-June 1st and inhaled deeply? For that reason alone would lower it from the "prime" category.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Are you referring to the new softball field location? If so have you driven by that piece of land on I-29 say about April 15th-June 1st and inhaled deeply? For that reason alone would lower it from the "prime" category.
    Depends on the wind direction me booooiii
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

No, I meant the 45th St. piece of land. And if you make the text purple in your mind, the sentence works.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Living in Hillsboro, I'm sure you are quite familiar whenever there is a wind coming from the north.

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I should really read the rest of the thread before making an obvious statement.....

And how much money did he get when selling his Great Plains Software company to Microsoft?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Well we can't let Doug Burgum get his way. That guy's never had a good idea in his life.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, there's the rub: A convention center attached to the FargoDome doesn't do anything for NDSU as far as I can tell other than cause congestion, eat up parking, and cause potential conflicts with NDSU events at the BSA or FargoDome (and use NDSU land.)

I think it'd make more sense to have Fargo and West Fargo finally cooperate on something, put it around 45th street, and slap a waterpark on it. There are plenty of hotels around there and it's have easy access to the airport and two interstates.
    Well the rental deal with the city is that they pay NDSU a dollar a year until 2089 right? But that was for the original structure. Since the new add on (technically a new structure) will also be on NDSU land, NDSU should be able to turn around and charge the city what ever they want. Charge the city 10 mill a year for the lease then turn around and build a new stadium in 10 to 15 years. Funding problem solved.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Well the rental deal with the city is that they pay NDSU a dollar a year until 2089 right? But that was for the original structure. Since the new add on (technically a new structure) will also be on NDSU land, NDSU should be able to turn around and charge the city what ever they want. Charge the city 10 mill a year for the lease then turn around and build a new stadium in 10 to 15 years. Funding problem solved.
    The city pays NDSU a dollar per year for the land lease.

533 In a row