Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome Expansion discusssion

Default Re: Fargodome Expansion discusssion

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The city won't be building another dome anytime soon...maybe some kind of expansion could be worked out for the right price but NDSU would need to step up in a big way.
    Exactly. Funny how these discussions always turn into a seating argument about football.

The Fargodome identified weaknesses they have with their facility when it comes to attracting and managing certain events. Let's just agree that the FFD is a GREAT football venue and it handles large concerts and certain Trade Shows very well. OK?

What the FFD can't handle is LARGE Conventions. Not enough meeting space, catering, kitchens, banquet facilities, etc. The Alerus is way better for that and if you haven't been there lately, you have no reason to comment.

The FFD also doesn't do smaller concerts and shows all that well.

The proposal for an addition makes it a true multi-use facility. Just about any event that a City the size of Fargo could attract could be housed in the Fargodome.

That's where Burgum and the "Downtown Baby" people come in and propose building a Convention center down there. Really? Do we really need a "half-assed" band aid approach to the problem? It does nothing to solve the issues identified by the Dome Authority. I think that's a bad idea because doing BOTH is not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    That's where Burgum and the "Downtown Baby" people come in and propose building a Convention center down there. Really? Do we really need a "half-assed" band aid approach to the problem? It does nothing to solve the issues identified by the Dome Authority. I think that's a bad idea because doing BOTH is not an option.
    The city council really doesn't care they have already stated that the dome commission has no authority as they will make the decision they want. Here is my prediction. They go back to the company that did the assessment and have them change things up so that the findings come out in favor for downtown then they push the downtown option. Typical politicians that see a pile of money sitting in a successful project (Fargodome) and need to get their hands on it and use it for something else and not let it flourish.

The one thing I do like about the proposed expansioin is the enclose skyway that would connect the dome to the SHAC. That would be ideal. Having those facilities attached would be good for easy access from the football offices and the rest of the athletic department; especially when its -20 outside.

"North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The city council really doesn't care they have already stated that the dome commission has no authority as they will make the decision they want. Here is my prediction. They go back to the company that did the assessment and have them change things up so that the findings come out in favor for downtown then they push the downtown option. Typical politicians that see a pile of money sitting in a successful project (Fargodome) and need to get their hands on it and use it for something else and not let it flourish.
    Where is Williams at. He was Mr. Fiscal Responsibility when they were talking about using a piece of the FargoDome's reserve fund to build a basketball venue for NDSU. Is he still on this City Counsel that's now talking about using the FargoDome's reserve fund to build a convention center downtown?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Where is Williams at.
    Still trying to get more bike lanes.

Convention center = IPF?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Convention center = IPF?
    Well, there's the rub: A convention center attached to the FargoDome doesn't do anything for NDSU as far as I can tell other than cause congestion, eat up parking, and cause potential conflicts with NDSU events at the BSA or FargoDome (and use NDSU land.)

I think it'd make more sense to have Fargo and West Fargo finally cooperate on something, put it around 45th street, and slap a waterpark on it. There are plenty of hotels around there and it's have easy access to the airport and two interstates.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, there's the rub: A convention center attached to the FargoDome doesn't do anything for NDSU as far as I can tell other than cause congestion, eat up parking, and cause potential conflicts with NDSU events at the BSA or FargoDome (and use NDSU land.)

I think it'd make more sense to have Fargo and West Fargo finally cooperate on something, put it around 45th street, and slap a waterpark on it. There are plenty of hotels around there and it's have easy access to the airport and two interstates.
    The whole point of adding to the Dome was to ENHANCE what is already there. Basically, 2+2=5.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    The whole point of adding to the Dome was to ENHANCE what is already there. Basically, 2+2=5.
    Common Core?

Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Perhaps this is the plan with the Anderson softball complex on 45th St. They are building new fields north of County 20 that should suffice any future growth (however they put it in the wrong direction in my opinion). That's some prime real estate.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.